Feb. 27, 2012

The informational parent meeting regarding tryouts for the 2012-2013 drill team will be tonight (February 27) at 6 pm in the high school cafeteria.

Congratulations to Sam Decker who on Friday night was crowned Mr. PHS 2012.  NHS thanks everyone who came out for the show.

Congratulations to the Green Army Robotics State Champions!

Attention track runners, jumpers, and vaulters:  Today you will meet under the bridge at 2:30 pm.  Only bring what you need.  

Attention track throwers:  Today you will meet in Coach Hauser’s room (G213) at 2:30 pm.

Let’s Celebrate Black History Month honoring The Tuskegee Airmen and many more… Tuesday, February 28 in the auditorium 2:30-4 pm.

Dodgeball tournament is next Friday March 2nd.  Price of admission is $2 or three canned/box food items.

All AP students planning on taking an AP Exam in May need to register at www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/262545  This link can be found on the high school website.

Remember the Pirate Code…Be Respectful.  Be Responsible.  Be Involved.

EVENT RESULTS
The PHS JAZZ ENSEMBLE performed in Chicago, Illinois over the weekend at the Rolling Meadows High School “Jazz in the Meadows” festival.  This event is one of the largest, most prestigious jazz festivals in the midwest!  For the second consecutive year, PHS earned a 1 Rating (the highest a band could earn) and placed in the top 4 in their division.  Only four 1 Ratings were issued in our division throughout the entire day.  Additionally, John Sorsen was awarded “Outstanding Soloist” of the entire division!  You can hear the Jazz Ensemble at our PHS Winter Concert Wednesday, March 1 in the auditorium at 7 pm.  Hope to see you there!

1st Place Inspire Award – Missouri FTC Robotics State Champions~
On Saturday, February 25, the Green Army Robotics teams 2866 and 2867 competed in the Missouri FTC Championship at~Missouri University of Science & Technology~in Rolla.  Team 2867 came out on top winning the highest honor possible, the 1st Place Inspire Award. ~The FTC Inspire Award is given to teams who embody all aspects of the FTC Robotics program, being a top contender for every other award while excelling on the competition floor. ~Winning the Inspire Award at a state championship automatically advances the team to the World Championship held in St. Louis in April.  
Team 2866 was nominated for the Connect Award & team 2867 was nominated for the Motivate Award as well as being on the finalist alliance and winning the 1st place Inspire Award. ~Both teams displayed the best of what defines gracious professionalism and worked hard all season to earn these~recognitions. ~Congratulations to all the students!  Team 2867 members:~ Grant Matthews, Warren Li, Joey Hakanson, Mike Brown, Khoa Trieu, Doan Trieu, Katie Harris, Jed Menard, Aidan O’Donnell, Brandon Mazzola, Nik Frier.  Team 2866 members:~ Kyle Hall, Mark Raymond, Daniel Herzberg, Mitchell Hale, Aaron Gershman, Daniel Jack, Craig Lassere, Leah Perry, Brianna Johnson, Donovan Yard.  Take some time to visit our website for more pictures and to see the hard work of our students!~ HYPERLINK “http://greenarmyrobotics.org/”http://greenarmyrobotics.org/

Graduating seniors interested in applying for a PTO SCHOLARSHIP may pick-up an application in the College Counseling Center. Please note the deadline for completed Scholarship applications, along with supporting documents, to be returned to Mrs. Kampschroeder is APRIL 1.

PTO GRANT APPLICATIONS are available in the Activities Office.  Applications must be completed and returned (with supporting documents) to the College Career Center April 30.

COLLEGE REP VISITS
The following college representatives are scheduled to be in the College Center.  Sign up and get a pass in the Guidance Office.  For upcoming college rep visits, see the posted list in the Guidance Department.
Lindenwood University   3/1     9:00
Fontbonne University    3/5     1:00
UMSL Bridge Program     3/6     1:00
University of Central MO        3/8     10:30
Iowa Wesleyan (in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa)   3/12    8:00
Lincoln College, Lincoln, IL    3/13    9:00
College of the Ozarks   3/13    11:00
Truman  3/26    8:00
UMKC    3/27    9:00
Mo S & T        3/28    9:00
Western IL Univ.        4/2     10:00
SIU-E   4/5     12:00
Mizzou  4/9     9:00
Mo Tech College 4/10    9:15
Lindenwood      4/10    10:00