St. Baldrick’s event to be held on March 15, volunteers must register before Feb. 15

Teachers, students and family members of Bridgeway Elementary School shaved their heads at the 2013 St. Baldrick's Foundation charity event. Bridgeway raised $23,276.03 by cutting their hair for the organization that funds childhood cancer research. More schools in the district are joining Bridgeway in 2014. The event will be held on March 15. Photo by Bob Burns.
Teachers, students and family members of Bridgeway Elementary School shaved their heads at the 2013 St. Baldrick’s Foundation charity event. Bridgeway raised $23,276.03 by cutting their hair for the organization that funds childhood cancer research. More schools in the district are joining Bridgeway in 2014. The event will be held on March 15. Photo by Bob Burns.

One week ago, students were paying close attention to the television screen to see if school was canceled because of inclement weather. N…O…P…YES! Pattonville!

One week later, students were paying close attention to the theatre stage as Dr. Joe Dobrinic welcomed individual classes back to school.

At the meetings, Mr. Scott Fader introduced St. Baldrick’s to students.

St. Baldrick’s is a volunteer-driven children’s cancer charity that raises funds by hosting head-shaving events worldwide where volunteers collect pledges to shave their heads in solidarity with children with cancer.

This year, the Pattonville event will be held at Holman Middle School on Saturday, March 15.

Students wishing to participate in the event must sign a permission slip and raise a minimum of $50 to have their head shaved at the event.

Click on the links below to download the documents passed out to students at the meetings on Monday, January 13.

Permission Cover Letter

Permission Form

Fundraising Tips

Website Registration Directions