ANNOUNCEMENTS Jan. 15, 2014

A COLLEGE PLANNING MEETING FOR 9TH AND 10TH GRADE STUDENTS AND THEIR PARENTS will be held tonight, January 15 at 6:00pm in the Auditorium.

A FAFSA COMPLETION WORKSHOP FOR SENIORS will be held tonight, January 15 at 7:00pm. in the Auditorium.

ATTENTION CHESS CLUB MEMBERS:  It is very important for you to attend Chess Club today, January 15 in preparation for the Pattonville Chess Tournament on Saturday, January 25.  

SAILING CLUB will meet today, January 15, immediately after school in room D112.

BOYS VOLLEYBALL OPEN GYM starts tonight, January 15 at 6:00pm in the upper gym.

IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN JOINING THE NEWSPAPER OR YEARBOOK STAFF NEXT YEAR,applications are available outside Mr. Heyman’s room, B108, or online at PattonvilleTODAY.com.

BASEBALL CLOTHING IS IN.  If you ordered baseball clothing, please pick items up in Coach Hahn’s room, H115.

MEMBERS OF CARING FOR OTHERS that ordered shirts/pants, etc. can pick them up in Mrs. Twila Harris’s room, E203, before or after school today, January 15 and tomorrow, January 16.

ANY NEW STUDENTS INTERESTED IN PLAYING GOLF must see Coach Lingua in room G212 as soon as possible.  All current and new golfers should attend a meeting during Contact Time next Thursday, January 23 in Room G207B.

THE COMMUNITY SERVICE CLUB WILL BE RECYCLING TOMORROW, Thursday, January 16 after school.  

THE SOUND OF MUSIC CAST: There has been a slight change to this week’s rehearsal schedule – Full Cast rehearsals will now begin on Tuesday.  See Ms. Corvera with questions.

COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITY:  Remington Traditional School is having their Annual Fun Fair on Saturday, January 25 from 10am to 2pm.  Stop by the CSO to sign up or for more information before the end of the day tomorrow, January 16.

KEY CLUB:  There will be a meeting next week on Tuesday, January 21 at 2:30 in Mrs. Gossett’s room H217.  If you cannot attend, make sure to let a Key Club officer know ASAP!  Spread the word!

THE WORD OF THE WEEK IS INFER (in·fer).  Here are ways infer is used:

Scientists can infer the amount of photosynthesis from the number of bubbles produced by the submerged plant.

The teacher might infer from my tardiness that I am not a serious student.
PALS APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR ARE NOW AVAILBLE!  Current Sophomores and Juniors may apply.  Applications are available outside rooms B102, E201, and in the Guidance Office.  Please return completed applications to Mrs. Kuhn’s mailbox no later than Tuesday, January 21.
REMINDER:  THE PRICE OF A REPLACEMENT ID AND LANYARD IS NOW $4.00.  

Remember the Pirate Code.  Be Respectful.  Be Responsible.  Be Involved.

TODAY’S ATHLETIC EVENTS:
Varsity Girls Swimming, home, against Hazelwood Central & Incarnate Word at 4:00.
Varsity Girls Basketball, home, against Lafayette at 6:00.
JV Girls Basketball, home, against Lafayette at 4:30.
Freshman Girls Basketball, home, against Lafayette at 4:15.
Varsity/JV/Freshman Wrestling against Hazelwood East & McCluer North at Hazelwood East at 5:00.

Announcements Logo