Feb. 28, 2012

The PHS Band Concert is March 29 at 7 pm in the auditorium.

Art Club will meet tomorrow after school in G108.  New members are always welcome.

Attention International Club members:  We will have a meeting this Thursday during contact time in Ms. Fields’ room.  We are going to share more about our upcoming International Day.  You must have a pass to attend this meeting.  

Interested in attending St. Louis Community College-Florissant Valley?  Their college rep will be here March 12 at 9 am.  Sign up in the Guidance Office.

Interested in being a part of Student Council?  Pick up a packet in the Activities Office or Stuco Store today.  All completed packets are due in the Acitivities Office on March 5th.  Officer elections will be held on Wednesday, March 14, and the representative elections will take place on Friday, March 16.  Get involved and become a part of STUCO!

A+ INFORMATION
Reminder to A+ students:  Thursday, March 1 is the next training session.  If interested, please sign up in the A+ Office.

Linn State Technical College:  Junior Preview Day is Friday, March 9.  Stop by the A+ Office for more information.

COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITY
St. Louis Zoo offers many all year-round volunteer opportunities.  If interested sharing your love of animals and teaching kids about wildlife, nature and the zoo, stop by the Community Service Office for information.  You must be 15 years old.

Hey Pirates!  If you like McDonalds and if you want to support a good cause, please come to next Tuesday’s McTeachers Night at the McDonalds on Dorsett Road.  The plan is to “Green Out” McDonald’s  on Tuesday, March 6 from 4-8:00 pm with Pattonville students, parents, family and community members decked out in Pirate gear!  McDonalds will donate a percentage of sales for that 4-hour stretch to the Class of 2012 Graduation All-Night Party!  No flyers are needed to participate.  Just put on your Pirate gear and bring your friends and family to McDonalds for dinner.  Again, that’s next Tuesday night.  See you there!

Track runners/jumpers/vaulters will meet under the bridge at 2:30.  Be dressed out, bring your water, and have your forms turned in.

All half marathon participate have a mandatory meeting on Thursday during contact time in Ms. Ewig’s room (H106).  See Ms. Ewig to get a pass.

Attention athletes:  Access athletic fields by walking Creve Coeur Mill Road to gate entry by baseball field or the walkway behind the Activity Center.

Graduating seniors interested in applying for a PTO SCHOLARSHIP may pick-up an application in the College Counseling Center. Please note the deadline for completed Scholarship applications, along with supporting documents, to be returned to Mrs. Kampschroeder is APRIL 1. ~

PTO GRANT APPLICATIONS are available in the Activities Office.  Applications must be completed and returned (with supporting documents) to the College Career Center April 30.

Let’s Celebrate Black History Month honoring The Tuskegee Airmen and many more… Tuesday, February 28 in the auditorium 2:30-4 pm.

Dodgeball tournament is next Friday, March 2.  Price of admission is $2 or three canned/box food items.

All AP students planning on taking an AP Exam in May need to register at www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/262545  This link can be found on the high school website.

Congratulations to the Green Army Robotics State Champions!

Remember the Pirate Code…Be Respectful.  Be Responsible.  Be Involved.

COLLEGE REP VISITS
The following college representatives are scheduled to be in the College Center.  Sign up and get a pass in the Guidance Office.  For upcoming college rep visits, see the posted list in the Guidance Department.
Lindenwood University   3/1     9:00
Fontbonne University    3/5     1:00
UMSL Bridge Program     3/6     1:00
University of Central MO        3/8     10:30
Iowa Wesleyan (in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa)   3/12    8:00
St. Louis Community College-
     Florissant Valley 3/12    9:00
Lincoln College, Lincoln, IL    3/13    9:00
College of the Ozarks   3/13    11:00
Truman  3/26    8:00
UMKC    3/27    9:00
Mo S & T        3/28    9:00
Western IL Univ.        4/2     10:00
SIU-E   4/5     12:00
Mizzou  4/9     9:00
Mo Tech College 4/10    9:15
Lindenwood      4/10    10:00