5 Questions With

Scott Robinson, head of the Pattonville AV team

Scott Robinson is the head of Pattonville’s AV team. Students might know him if they had some questions about their computer or some sort of technology. So who better to ask about the new laptops Pattonville will be receiving next year than Scott Robinson.

Q. Do you think the new laptops will be beneficial to the students and why?

A. Yes, mostly because it will allow the students to carry less. There will be digital textbooks and so many classes are going digital or applying digital aspects into the class.

Q. What is the best part about getting the new laptops?

A. I’ve seen a lot of students getting excited about it. Since they all grew up on technology they get excited about the new technology we’re getting and that really helps get them excited about school.

Q. What is the worst part about getting the new laptops?

A. There will be a lot of technical challenges with getting 1,600 to 2,000 new laptops and getting them all up and running. But challenge is good if it is worth the effort.

Q. Will we still be using paper after we get the laptops?

A. Paper will not be going away entirely. We still need things on paper but there will be a large reduction on paper use, which is environmentally good.

Q. Do you think the use of laptops in class will create a block between students and teachers?

A. No, it might even make the student-teacher relationship stronger. It’s a two-way street and all about communication. These won’t block the communication; it will just create a new way to communicate.

Scott Robinson, head of Pattonville AV Team