High school forms first St. Baldrick’s team

Bridgeway Elementary students donating their hair to a good cause at last year's event.
A Bridgeway Elementary student gets her head shaved during last year’s St. Baldrick’s event.

One year ago, Bridgeway Elementary School participated in a school-wide St. Baldrick’s event to raise money for childhood cancer research. This year, the entire Pattonville community will have the opportunity to shave their head for a great cause.

The St. Baldrick’s Foundation raises millions of dollars each year to donate to childhood cancer research. They spend all year traveling to various schools around the country to hold school-wide shaving events.

Mr. Scott Fader, an Art Fundamentals and ceramics teacher at Pattonville High School, is the team captain of this year’s event.

“Students, teachers, family members and anyone else affiliated with the Pattonville community is welcome to participate,” Fader said.

All shaves and cuts will be taking place at Holman Middle School on March 15.

For those who don’t wish to shave their entire head, they can sign up online to cut part of their hair for Locks of Love or simply volunteer to raise money.

Registered volunteers that raise over $50 for childhood cancer research will receive a T-shirt from St. Baldrick’s.

Students and staff are also encouraged to buy T-shirts designed specifically for the Pattonville event which will be sold at PHS during all lunch periods.

This will be Fader’s first time participating in St. Baldrick’s. His personal goal is to raise at least $500 before shaving his beard.

“Our main goal as a community is to raise $20,000 for a very important cause,” Fader stated. “All donations and volunteers are welcome.”

Anyone that wants to help reach this goal should sign up on the Pattonville team page. 

The deadline to sign up is Feb. 15. Any student or staff member with questions should see Mr. Fader in Room G110.