ANNOUNCEMENTS February 4, 2014

Announcements LogoATTENTION STUDENTS:  As we move along into second semester, please keep track of your attendance.  Good attendance is a critical part of being successful in school and in life.  In addition, students who do not attend school at a 90% rate will not park on the lot, attend prom or other dances, and are at risk of not earning credit for the semester.

STUDENTS:  Be reminded, during lunch you should only be in the cafeteria, commons, or gym lobby.  You are not permitted to roam the halls or visit your locker.

PHYSICAL EXAMS are being offered on February 13 from 4-6:30pm at Advanced Training and Rehab (12108 St. Charles Rock Road next to Deals).  Please sign up in the PHS Activities Office.  Cost is $25 cash or check payable to Advanced Training and Rehab.
ANIME CLUB will meet today, February 4 after school.  Members should remember to bring club dues of $15 to the meeting.
COLLEGE REP. VISITS:  
  • INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY OF COSMETOLOGY will be here tomorrow, February 5 at 10:00am.
  • SEMO will be here Thursday, February 6 at 8:00am.
  • UMKC will be here Thursday, February 6 at noon.
To sign up and get a pass, please see Mrs. Patrick in the Guidance Office.  See the posted list in the Guidance Office for a complete listing of upcoming college rep. visits.
ALL ACTORS AND ANIMATORS INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN THE MAKING OF SENIOR ALEX WARREN’S ANIMATED SHORT FILM “THE PALADIN”, please come to a brief planning meeting in Ms. Dornfeld’s room this Thursday, February 6 in room G104 immediately after school.  If you have questions, please see Ms. Dornfeld.

THE POLITICS CLUB will be meeting during Contact Time in Ms. Scoopmire’s room….D208 on Thursday, Feb. 6.

BASEBALL MEETING:  There will be a very important meeting for anyone wanting to tryout for baseball this spring on Thursday, Feb. 6 during Contact Time in the multipurpose room.  If you cannot attend, please see Coach Hahn or Coach Simpson as soon as possible.
THE KNITTING CLUB will meet during Contact Time in Ms. Mulanax’s room, E206, this Thursday, Feb. 6 .  Also, if you are interested in representing us at the 8th grade assembly on Thursday from 12:30 to 2:30, please see Ms. Mulanax ASAP!
ALL BOYS INTERESTED IN PLAYING VOLLEYBALL THIS SPRING should attend a meeting in the upper gym during Contact Time this Thursday, February 6.

MAC will meet Thursday, February 6 during Contact Time in room D205.

THERE WILL BE AN INFORMATIONAL WATER POLO MEETING on Thursday, February 6 in Mr. Christian’s room, D203 during Contact Time.

THE WORD OF THE WEEK IS MALIGN (ma – line).   Malign comes from the Latin word malus,meaning bad.  Other words related to malign are malignant (ma lig nent), malevolent (ma lev o lent), and maladjusted (mal ad just ed).

PIRATE CODE INCENTIVES FEBRUARY 3-7
Weekly Winner- $5 Steak n Shake
Attendance Games Winner- $10 STUCO Bucks
WINNERS TO BE ANNOUNCED ON FRIDAY!!!!

TODAY’S ATHLETIC EVENTS:
Varsity/JV/Freshman Wrestling, home, against Ft. Zumwalt South at 6:00.  CANCELLED
Varsity Boys Basketball, away, against Hazelwood Central at 5:30.  CANCELLED
JV Boys Basketball, away, against Hazelwood Central at 4:00.  CANCELLED
Freshman Girls Basketball, home (upper gym), against Parkway Central at 4:00.  CANCELLED