ANNOUCEMENTS February 18, 2014

Announcements LogoCOLLEGE BOUND SOPHOMORES, WITH A 2.5 GPA OR HIGHER AND WHO ARE ON THE FREE/REDUCED LUNCH PROGRAM, may see Ms Kampschroeder in the College Center for information on a free college prep summer program.  
THE MINORITY ACHIEVEMENT CLUB (MAC) will meet after school today, February 18 at 2:15 in room D205.
GSA WILL MEET TODAY, February 18 after school in room G101.  All are welcome!
AFTER VALENTINE’S DAY SALE:  $5 off all apparel in the STUCO Store.  Gift cards are coming soon!
THE FIRST ATTENDANCE GAME COMPETITION HAS ARRIVED!  Come cheer the daily attendance qualifiers at the Varsity basketball games tonight, February 18 and tomorrow night, February 19, as 8 of them compete during half-time for a $50 gift card of their choosing!!

ATTENTION ATTENDANCE GAMES QUALIFIERS!!!  If you are planning to attend the Basketball game tonight or tomorrow night, please remember to bring your ID and invitation to the game.

OUR ST. BALDRICKS TEAM IS OFF TO A TREMENDOUS START with 36 team members and we are halfway to our goal of $20,000.  As a result of the snow days, the due date to join the team as a shavee or hair donation and raise funds, has been extended till Friday, February 21.  Pick up a permission form outside the Activities Office or room G114 and return it to Mr. Fader to signup.

DON’T FORGET, YOU CAN STILL ORDER A ST. BALDRICKS T-SHIRT through tomorrow, February 19.  All proceeds from the t-shirt sales go to St. Baldricks and helps to fund research to fight childrens cancers.  Order forms are available in all offices and the STUCO store.  Return order forms, with payment, to Mrs. Kathriner in room G108. “BE BRAVE AND SHAVE PIRATE NATION”

COLLEGE REP. VISITS: COLUMBIA COLLEGE will be here tomorrow, February 19 at 8:30am. To sign up and get a pass, please see Mrs. Patrick in the Guidance Office.  See the posted list in the Guidance Office for a complete listing of upcoming college rep. visits.

ART CLUB WILL MEET after school tomorrow, February 19 in room G108.

THERE WILL BE AN OPEN GYM FOR BOYS VOLLEYBALL tomorrow night, February 19 from 7:30 – 9:00pm in the upper gym.

THE PTO SCHOLARSHIP WAS ESTABLISHED TO HELP PATTONVILLE SENIORS with the financial burdens associated with their post-high school education.  Get your free application & details in the PHS College Center, located in the Student Commons, or online at the PTO website.    (http://classrooms.psdr3.org/education/club/club.php?sectiondetailid=28002&)

ALL BOYS INTERESTED IN PLAYING GOLF THIS YEAR, should attend the Golf Team meeting in room G207B, in the Positive School hallway, this Thursday, February 20 during Contact Time.  This is for all returning golfers and new golfers as well.  Anyone not able to attend this meeting should make arrangements to meet with Coach Lingua as soon as possible to receive information on the start of practice.

ANY SPANISH OR GERMAN STUDENTS interested in travel abroad in June 2015, come to the informational meeting this Thursday, February 20 during Contact Time in Ms. Ewig’s room, H106.

COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITY:  PARKWAY SWIM CLUB will be hosting a Championship Swim Meet at the PHS Aquatic Center on Friday, February 21 beginning at 4:30pm, Saturday, February 22 beginning at 8:30am (2 sessions available) and Sunday, February 23 beginning at 8:30am (2 sessions available).  This event depends on many volunteers with the timing of races.  All students are welcome; no experience is necessary as training will be provided.  If interested, stop in the Community Service Office immediately to sign the volunteer schedule.

WATER POLO TRYOUTS will be on Monday, February 24 after school in the pool.

THE WORD OF THE WEEK IS PASSIVE (pas-sive).  It is an adjective meaning, accepting or allowing what happens or what others do, without active response or resistance.

Remember the Pirate Code.  Be Respectful.  Be Responsible.  Be Involved.  

DECA – CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING STUDENTS WHO PLACED AT THE DECA DISTRICT COMPETITION AND WILL MOVE ON TO STATE IN MARCH.

Business Law and Ethics Team– Sydney Cicero & Nathan Samples-1ST PLACE
Marketing Communications Team– Lindsey Purviance & Brendan Schaffer-1ST PLACE
Business Finance- Tim Vleisides – 1ST PLACE
Leadership Delegate– Azim Djuraev- 1ST PLACE
Business Services Marketing– Azim Djuraev- 2ND PLACE
Travel and Tourism Marketing– Anastasia Jackson & Lauren Robinson- 2ND PLACE
Human Resource Management– Connor Klenke- 2ND PLACE
Food Marketing– Mariah Kirby- 3RD PLACE
Business Services– Lauren Frazier- 4TH PLACE
Hotel and Lodging Management– BriElle Ragland- 4TH PLACE

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PATTONVILLE VARSITY DRILL TEAM!  The girls earned 2nd place in the state in 5A pom, 2nd place in the state in 5A hip hop, and 3rd place overall.  This is the fifth year in a row the girls have finished in the top 3 in the State – great job!  The Varsity Drill Team is coached by Katie Funderburk.

TODAY’S ATHLETIC EVENTS:
Varsity Boys Basketball, home, against Lafayette at 6:00pm.
JV Boys Basketball, home, against Lafayette at 4:30.