ANNOUNCEMENTS February 26, 2014

Announcements LogoATTENTION STUDENTS:  If you are not in a winter or spring sport, participating in a supervised activity, or plan to attend tutoring you should go home immediately after school is dismissed.  Students are not allowed to roam the halls, hang out in the commons or front lobby, or use the stadium or other athletic fields without supervision.
Disciplinary consequences, including the loss of future after school privileges, will be assigned to individuals who do not comply with the rules.  

THERE WILL BE A SHORT NHS MEETING right after school today, February 26 in Mrs. Schwendemann’s room, F210.

SWING BY THE COVE (STUCO STORE) to check out the new apparel today, February 26.

A CELEBRATION OF BLACK HISTORY:  A famous and inspiring quote from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. is, Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, “What are you doing for others?”  Come to the Black History Month Presentation tomorrow, Feb. 27 from 2:30-4:00pm in the PHS Auditorium where we will honor the past, present & future role models.

COLLEGE BOUND JUNIORS:  The next College Boot Camp session in the College Center will be tomorrow, February 27 from 1:15-2:15 on how to have a successful College Visit.  You do not need to sign up.  Bring your laptop.

THERE WILL BE A BRIEF TENNIS MEETING in Coach Patrick’s room (D209) tomorrow, February 27 after school.  If you are unable to attend, please see Coach Patrick sometime prior to the meeting.

THE COMMUNITY SERVICE CLUB WILL MEET tomorrow, February 27 after school in room D205.

RECYCLING, by the Community Service Club, HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR TOMORROW, February 27.  The next recycling date is Thursday, March 13.  The Community Service Club will still meet in Mrs. Cobb’s room tomorrow.

FREE PIZZA AND AWESOME CONVERSATION!  Come to the JSU meeting tomorrow, February 27 right after school at 1:15pm in Mrs. Greenberg’s room, D114 for FREE PIZZA and AWESOME CONVERSATION.  Check out JSU tomorrow!

WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY FIELD TRIP FORMS are due in Dr. Hilker’s room (H110) this Friday, February 28; if you are planning to attend, please turn them in right away.

REMINDER:  COMMUNITY SERVICE SCHOLARSHIPS are available in the CSO, room E200, for Seniors with over 200 Community Service hours.

ALL STUDENTS INTERESTED IN GOING ON THE GERMANY OR ECUADOR TRIP, please turn in your parent permission slip to Mr. Shaw or Ms. Ewig by this Friday, February 28.

LOOKING TO GET INVOLVED NEXT YEAR?  Join Student Council and be a leader.  STUCO application forms can be found in the Activities office and the STUCO store.  Forms are due Monday, March 3.  

THE PTO SCHOLARSHIP WAS ESTABLISHED TO HELP PATTONVILLE SENIORS with the financial burdens associated with their post-high school education.  Get your free application & details in the PHS College Center, located in the Student Commons, or online at the PTO website.  Completed applications should be returned to Julie Kampschroeder in the PHS College Center by April 1, 2014.  (http://classrooms.psdr3.org/education/club/club.php?sectiondetailid=28002&)

THE WORD OF THE WEEK IS PERSPECTIVE (per·spec·tive).  An example of using perspective in a
sentence include: “The art teacher explained that a linear perspective drawing is based on the observation that parallel lines converge at the vanishing point.”

Remember the Pirate Code.  Be Respectful.  Be Responsible.  Be Involved.  

THIS IS AN A, A, A, C, B WEEK.  (Dismissal times are the same as normal; no changes were made.)

STUDENTS PLANNING ON TAKING AP EXAMS IN MAY need to register online.  The registration site iswww.TotalRegistration.net/AP/262575  (a link to this site can be found on the high school page).

COMMUNITY SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:  Maryland Heights Safety Town applications for Summer 2014 are available in the Community Service Office.

COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITY:  6th Annual Trash Bash, Saturday, March 15 from 8:30am – Noon.  One of the sites of clean-up this year will be the Bridgeton area.  Gathering place will be at the Bridgeton Municipal Complex (BMAC), 12312 Ferguson Lane, where assignments will be given.  Lunch and celebration will follow clean-up.  Come to the Community Service Office for more information.

TODAY’S ATHLETIC EVENTS:
Varsity Girls Basketball, home, against Parkway West at 6:00pm.
JV Girls Basketball, home, against Parkway West at 4:30.Announcements Logo