ANNOUNCEMENTS March 19, 2014

SENIOR ARTISTS, interested in submitting your art portfolio for review to be in the running for Announcements Logo“Outstanding Senior Artist”, see any Art teacher before Spring Break for details.  Portfolio Reviews are Thursday, April 3, after Spring Break.

PTO GRANTS ARE AVAILABLE for students attending a camp or program this summer.  The program or camp must relate to Academics, Fine Arts or Leadership areas that directly enrich school experience and cannot violate MSHSAA rules.  Sports programs are excluded (including Drill Team and Cheerleading). College credit courses are also excluded. Also, their parent must have been a PTO member, since December 2013.  The application is due by April 30, and can be found online (under PTO) or in the Activities Office.

SENIORS:  WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU STOPPED BY THE COLLEGE CENTER TO PICK UP LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS?  There are dozens of them listed on the College Center board!  Due dates range from March 21-April 15!  Don’t miss out on your chance for college $$$$$$$$.

COMMUNITY SERVICE SCHOLARSHIP FORMS are due this Friday, March 21 by 3:30 in the CSO, room E200.

ART CLUB will meet after school today, March 19 in room G108.

STUDENT COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE VOTING is today, March 19 and tomorrow, March 20 ON THE MOODLE.  So, don’t forget to vote for the people that make decisions for you!!!

COLLEGE REP. VISITS:  
  • SIU-E will be here today, March 19 at noon
  • FLO VALLEY SLCC will be here tomorrow, March 20 at 9:00am.
To sign up and get a pass, please see Mrs. Patrick in the Guidance Office.  See the posted list in the Guidance Office for a complete listing of upcoming college rep. visits.

GIRLS SWIM AND DIVE BANQUET is tonight, March 19 at 6:00pm in the Pattonville Heights Middle School cafeteria.

SAILING CLUB meets today, March 19 immediately after school in D112 for a short meeting on the new season.

TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE FOR THE TASTE OF PATTONVILLE!  Come sample food from over 25 restaurants; go to the announcements on-line to check out some of the restaurants that are participating!  Tickets are $12 and are being sold in the Commons during all lunch sessions — get yours today!  Taste of Pattonville…Thursday, April 3.

STUDENTS INTERESTED IN JOINING THE NATIONAL SOCIAL STUDIES HONOR SOCIETY can now pick up an application from their Social Studies Teacher or outside of D213 or D204.

THE MINORITY ACHIEVEMENT CLUB TALENT SHOW has been cancelled for tomorrow, March 20.  
MAC MEMBERS WILL MEET during Contact Time tomorrow in room D205.

THE INTERNATIONAL CLUB will meet during Contact Time tomorrow, March 20 in B107.  This is a MANDATORY meeting to discuss the April 16th show.  If you plan on participating in this show, you MUST attend this meeting.  See Ms. Fields if you are unable to attend.

SPANISH CLUB will be in Mr. Shaw’s room, H104, tomorrow, March 20 during Contact Time.  Please stop by to pick up your T-Shirt and talk about officer elections.

THERE WILL BE A RENAISSANCE MEETING for all Taste of Pattonville volunteers tomorrow during Contact Time in Mrs. Moritz’s room.  You will be receiving important information about your work assignment, so make sure to attend.

CARING FOR OTHERS will meet during Contact Time tomorrow, March 20.  You may get a pass from Mrs. Twila Harris.

PROM GUEST PERMISSION FORMS are available outside the Activities Office today thru Friday, April 11.

PROM TICKETS will be on sale for $55 April 7-11 and $65 April 14-17.  Tickets will be sold during lunch.  You must have your School ID and all fines paid to purchase.  You must have 90% attendance to attend.

THE WORD OF THE WEEK IS RESPECTIVE (ree-spect-iv).  Here are ways respective is used:  
When the movie was over, my friend and I went to our respective homes.
The emcee introduced the two speakers and shared their respective biographical information.
The siblings were both very successful each in their respective fields.

Remember the Pirate Code.  Be Respectful.  Be Responsible.  Be Involved.  

PIRATE CODE INCENTIVES MARCH 17 – 21
Pirate Code Winners: $5 7 Eleven Gift Card (2 Winners)
Attendance Games Winner: $10 STUCO Bucks

LOST AND FOUND:  If you are missing any clothing items (i.e., coats, hoodies, shoes, etc.), please check the LOST & FOUND, located in the Front Office.  Items not claimed will be donated to charity after March 31.

TODAY’S ATHLETIC EVENTS:
Varsity Boys and Girls Green & White Track Meet, home, at 4:00.