ANNOUNCEMENTS April 3, 2014

Announcements LogoARE YOU ALL SET FOR PROM AND GRADUATION?  Have you checked to see if you owe fines?  Remember, fines must be paid before you are allowed to purchase Prom tickets, walk at Graduation or receive your diploma.  Please take a minute to check your fine balance in Powerschool.  The “Balancelink is located on the left-hand side of the Powerschool login screen (this balance does not include lunch balances).  Please see Mrs. Mason, in the Finance Office, if you have any questions.

PROM GUEST PERMISSION FORMS are available outside the Activities Office through Friday, April 11.

THE MINORITY ACHIEVEMENT BASKETBALL GAME is Thursday, April 24 at 2:30pm.  Students who would like to participate should sign-up in room D205.

ANIME CLUB is sponsoring a canned food drive to benefit “can town”.  Please bring any non-perishable food items to room F200.

DON’T MISS OUT!  TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO BUY YOUR TICKET FOR THE TASTE OF PATTONVILLE!  Come sample food from over 25 restaurants.  Tickets are $12 and are being sold in the Commons during all lunch sessions!  
TASTE OF PATTONVILLE…TONIGHT, APRIL 3…PHS CAFETERIA…5:30 – 8:00PM…BE THERE!

ALL TASTE OF PATTONVILLE VOLUNTEERS, who have not yet picked up your shirts, must get them during Contact Time.  See Mrs. Moritz as soon as possible.

STUCO STORE IS HAVING 25% OFF on all apparel in the store this week.  Also, this is the last week to get the “Eliminating the R-word” t-shirts at lunch.

CONTACT TIME MEETINGS FOR TODAY, APRIL 3:
  • FCCLA CARING FOR OTHERS will meet in room E203.
  • THE MINORITY ACHIEVEMENT CLUB (MAC) will meet in room D205.
  • FEA WILL MEET in room E210.
  • THE INTERNATIONAL CLUB will meet during Contact Time in B107.

COLLEGE BOUND JUNIORS are invited to attend the Boot Camp Session titled:  How to Locate Scholarships for College in the College Center from 1:15-2:10 today, April 3 after school.   Bring your laptop.  You do not need to sign up in advance.  

A+ TUTOR TRAINING CLASS will be held today, April 3 from 1:15-2:15pm. in room E200.  Any questions, contact the Community Service Office.

THE WORD OF THE WEEK IS SIMULTANEOUS (si·mul·ta·ne·ous).  Here are our Opposite Day Antonyms:
divided, separate, different, asynchronous

Remember the Pirate Code.  Be Respectful.  Be Responsible.  Be Involved.  

GRADUATION ANNOUNCEMENTS will be delivered during lunch sessions on April 7 and 8.

ATTENTION ATHLETES!  Cheerleading Tryouts will be held April 14-17 in the main gym from 5:30-8:30pm.  Please remember to bring your completed tryout packet and an up-to-date physical!  Good Luck!

PIRATE CODE INCENTIVES MARCH 31-APRIL 4
Pirate Code Winner: $10 QT Gift Card (Winner to be announced on Friday)
Attendance Games Winner: $10 STUCO Bucks

TODAY’S ATHLETIC EVENTS:
Varsity Boys Golf vs. Hazelwood East – CANCELLED
Varsity Boys Tennis, away, vs. CBC at 4:00.
Water Polo, home, vs. Eureka at 4:30.
JV Girls Soccer, away, vs. Ursuline Academy – CANCELLED
Varsity Baseball in the MICDS Tourney at BMAC (Field 2) at 6:30pm.
Freshman Baseball, home, vs. Parkway North – CANCELLED