Four candidates up for election to Pattonville school board, three to be elected

Pattonville voters will elect three board members for three-year terms during the April 8 school board election. The following candidates have filed to run for office. They are listed below in the order they will appear on the election ballot.

1Cindy Candler (Incumbent)

A 13-year resident of Pattonville, Cindy Candler is a homemaker. She and her husband, Mike, are the parents of three Pattonville graduates. They live in Bridgeton. A Pattonville graduate, Candler attended Southeast Missouri State University and Missouri Southern University.

Leadership/Volunteerism Background: Eight years on the Pattonville school board, with experience in a variety of leadership positions and committees.

Statement of Purpose: “I am running again to keep making Pattonville an outstanding school district; keeping students as our primary goal in learning and activities; making sure we spend tax dollars wisely; hiring and maintaining excellent teachers and workers; and doing things that are in the best interest of our students.”

2Andrea Glenn

A 14-year resident of Pattonville, Andrea Glenn is employed as the director of human resources at J.W. Terrill. She holds a bachelor’s degree in human resources management from the University of Kansas-Lawrence and a master’s degree in human resources management from Webster University. A resident of Maryland Heights, Glenn and her husband, Carl, are the parents of one Pattonville graduate and a current Pattonville High School student.

Leadership/Volunteerism Background: Involved parent at Pattonville High School; parent volunteer co-chair of Pattonville’s Proposition P campaign committee; and more than 20 years of experience as a human resources leader within a variety of industries.

Statement of Purpose: “The Pattonville school board must be the eyes, ears and voice of the community. I am committed to maintaining Pattonville School District’s legacy of excellence and distinctiveness by collaborating with parents, support staff, teachers, administration and board members in a transparent, open environment to ensure educational opportunities for ALL children.”

3Tami Hohenstein (Incumbent)

A 12-year resident of Pattonville, Tami Hohenstein is employed as business application quality assurance coordinator for Enterprise Holdings, Inc. She earned an associate’s degree from Palm Beach Community College and attended the University of Missouri-St. Louis. She is the parent of two Pattonville graduates and two Holman Middle School students. She lives in Maryland Heights.

Leadership/Volunteerism Background: Four years of service on the Pattonville school board, during which she obtained her advanced board member certification from the state of Missouri and is now working toward master’s certification; served on multiple committees in Pattonville and as Pattonville’s representative.

Statement of Purpose: “If reelected, I will continue to support Pattonville School District’s students and staff with every vote. As a board member, I am committed to strive for Pattonville to act fiscally sound in this recovering economy. My focus will continue to be achievement through innovations and opportunities for all.”

4Andrew Ostrowski

Andrew Ostrowski is a guest teacher in the Parkway School District and has lived in Pattonville two years. He holds a bachelor’s degree in general studies from Southeast Missouri State University. A resident of Maryland Heights, Ostrowski and his wife, Christine, are the parents of two preschoolers.

Leadership/Volunteerism Background: Five years experience in the educational industry delivering lesson plans at schools with students from a wide range of socioeconomic backgrounds.

Statement of Purpose: “Lower property taxes, to recruit the best educators throughout the world and that all staff, faculty and administrators be trained in effective communication and special education so students with disabilities get premium educational services. That every student has a mapped out plan for success, pertaining to health, wealth and relationships.”

Source of information: Pattonville School District

View Comments (2)
$125
$600