ANNOUNCEMENTS April 8, 2014

STUDENTS INTERESTED IN RUNNING FOR A 2014-15 CLASS OFFICER POSITION can pick up election petitions this week – April 7 thru April 11 – in the Activities Office.  Petitions are due Monday, April 14 in the Activities Office.
 Announcements Logo

PURCHASE YOUR PROM TICKETS THIS WEEK (APRIL 7-11) FOR $55.  Tickets will be sold during lunch.  You must have your school ID and all fines paid to purchase.  You must have 90% attendance to attend.  Ticket prices increase to $65 next week, April 14-17.

GRADUATION ANNOUNCEMENTS will be delivered during lunch sessions today, April 7 and tomorrow, April 8.

ARE YOU ALL SET FOR PROM AND GRADUATION?  Have you checked to see if you owe fines?  Remember, fines must be paid before you are allowed to purchase Prom tickets, walk at Graduation or receive your diploma.  Please take a minute to check your fine balance in Powerschool.  The “Balancelink is located on the left-hand side of the Powerschool login screen (this balance does not include lunch balances).  Please see Mrs. Mason, in the Finance Office, if you have any questions.

PATTONVILLE YOUTH LEADERSHIP will meet this week immediately after school today-Thursdayin room D205.

STUDENT QUEST will meet after school today, April 7 in room E209.

THE ACT READING CLASS HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED for tomorrow, April 8 from 6-8 pm.  If you have any questions, please talk to Ms. Fields.

GSA IS PARTICIPATING IN DAY OF SILENCE this Friday, April 11.  What can you do to end the silence?  Stop by the GSA table this week during lunch to find out more, and sign up to participate.  

GSA IS ALSO SPONSORING A NONPERISHABLE FOODS/CAN DRIVE now through April 17.  Donate nonperishable foods to your Pirate Connections Class.  The PC class with the largest donation wins a donut party May 8.

COLLEGE REP. VISIT:  WILLIAM WOODS UNIVERSITY will be here tomorrow, April 8 at 10:00am. To sign up and get a pass, please see Mrs. Patrick in the Guidance Office.  

FCCLA CARING FOR OTHERS will meet after school tomorrow, April 8 in room E203.  Please come and help make cards of encouragement for kids fighting Cancer.

HOURS TOWARD THE COMMUNITY SERVICE HONOR CORD are due Friday, April 11.   Hours will not be accepted after this date to count toward the Honor Cord.

COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITY:  Holman Middle School needs volunteers to help in their concession stand, Friday night, April 11 and Saturday, April 12.   Stop in the CSO to sign up.

COLLEGE BOUND JUNIORS:  West Point Military Academy will hold an information session Tuesday, April 15 at 7 pm at the Algonquin Golf Club in Kirkwood.  For more details, read the post on the door of the College Center.

THE WORD OF THE WEEK IS SUBSEQUENT (sub·se·quent).  Subsequent is an adjective meaning, coming after something in time: following in order or succession.

PIRATE CODE INCENTIVES APRIL 7-APRIL 11
Pirate Code Winner: $10 QT Gift Card (Winner to be announced on Friday)
Attendance Games Winner: $10 STUCO Bucks

Remember the Pirate Code.  Be Respectful.  Be Responsible.  Be Involved.  

TODAY’S ATHLETIC EVENTS:
Varsity Boys Golf in the Ritenour Ryder Cup at Sunset Hills Golf Course at 7:30am.
JV Boys Golf vs. Oakville & Seckman at Pomme Creek Golf Course at 3:30.
Freshman Girls Soccer vs. Ritenour at Ritenour’s North Athletic Complex at 4:00.
Varsity Boys Tennis, home, vs. Hazelwood East at 4:00.
JV Baseball, away, vs. Hazelwood West at 4:00.
Varsity Baseball vs. Hazelwood West at BMAC (field 2) at 6:30pm.