Jazz band to have concert on April 27

Sunday Of JazzJazz has always been that type of music to relax the mind, body, and soul. If you’re the type of person who enjoys the smooth sensation of jazz, you should come to the Sunday of Jazz on Sunday, April 27, at 1 p.m.

The event is going to be held at St. Paul’s Evangelical Church, 9801 Olive Boulevard, and will feature the award-winning Pattonville middle school and high school jazz bands.

Kaelyn Riley, who is a singer for The Sunday of Jazz, said they have been preparing for this event for 3 months.

“We used to have it every year, but since the tornado [Good Friday Tornado, April 22, 2011] hit the church 3 years ago, it’s been a long process to get it fix,” Riley said about how they got their new venue.

Each jazz band has about 20 members and the event serves as a fundraiser that helps the band pay for their trips, instruments and competitions.

“I’m so excited to see everyone there to learn and experience the mellow melody of jazz,” Riley said.

The cost for adults is $15 ($18 at the door) and just $10 for students. Children are $5 and free if they are 5 years old or younger. Tickets include dinner and entertainment.