March 8, 2012

March 8, 2012

The English ACT Review will take place Monday night from 6-8 pm in B113.

The Prom Fashion Show is today during contact time in the auditorium.

Freshman girls soccer team will meet in Coach Woehrmann’s room today at 2:15 pm.

The next College Boot Camp session will be on Thursday, March 29 at 1:15 pm in the Library on “Finding Affordable Colleges”.

All students staying after for practices today will need to be in the Auditorium by 1:25 PM because the gym and cafeteria are being used for other purposes.

All speech and debate team members competing in the district tournament tonight at Parkway West should check in with Mr. Pierce immediately following the end of these announcements, unless you already checked in before school today.

Beginning next week, NHS will be coming around to your 6th hour classes collecting money for Pennies for Patients. All money collected will be given to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of St. Louis. The 6th hour class that raises the most money per person will win a pizza party! So don’t forget your money next week and help support a great cause.

Tickets for the 38th Annual Variety Show presented by the Varsity Drill Team will be on sale during all lunch sessions March 12-16. Tickets are $5 in advance and $6 at the door so get your tickets early! Come watch some amazing performances by our choir, jazz bands, drill team, and cheerleaders!

Due to Parent Teacher Conferences, the Library and the Math Help Center will be closed after school today. The only students who should stay after are those whose activities are practicing after school. All other students should go home immediately at dismissal. There will only be a 4:15 pm activity bus today.

PIRATE CODE DONUT PARTY
Students that received an invitation to the Pirate Code donut party should invite one friend and report to the cafeteria during contact time today.

Minority Achievement Club Talent Show is Thursday, March 29 from 2:30-4 pm in the auditorium. All students interested in participating should please sign-up Wednesday and Thursday in room D205. Mandatory practices will take place next week Monday- Thursday after school in room D205.

Interested in playing women’s lacrosse next spring? If so, please attend the informational meeting today during contact time in D203. See Mr. Fitzgerald for a pass.

All students interested in going on the 2013 Germany trip please meet in Mr. Shaw’s room (H114) during contact time.

CFO/FCCLA – Caring for Others/Family, Career and Community Leader of America will hold a meeting today during contact time is room E203. Refreshment will be served!

Are you interested in being involved in the ONE-ACT PLAYS? If so, pick up an informational packet outside room A213. Auditions are next Monday and Tuesday. See Ms. Corvera if you have any questions.

Save the date! On Friday April 20th PHS will host the Spring Trivia Night to benefit the Senior Class All-Night Party. Starting the week of April 13th we will begin signing up 6-person teams in the commons during lunch. This spring we are crowing two champion teams – one for adults and one for students. The cost will be $60 for teams of six or $10 for individuals in need of team placement. Last fall a team of parents unseated the defending champion Science Department. Can the Science department reclaim their crown, or will the Social Studies department return to glory? Who will win the student crown? To find out, sign up! For questions, please see Mr. Lammers.

Remember the Pirate Code…Be Respectful. Be Responsible. Be Involved.

Thursday, May 8th is the last day to register for AP Exams. The registration site is open until 8:00 p.m. at www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/262575. Any registration after this date must go through Ms. Caimi and will incur a $10 late fee.

Seniors with over 200 hours of community service: Reminder scholarship applications are due Friday, March 16 in the CSO.

Do you need a prom dress? Cinderella Project is open to the public-all prom dresses are $29. Begin shopping this Saturday, March 10 at 8am upper level at Mid Rivers Mall. Hours are Friday evenings, Saturday & Sunday.

Save the date! The 6th annual Taste of Pattonville will take place in the high school cafeteria on Thursday, March 29 from 5:30-8 pm. Come and sample from over 25 restaurants, including Applebee’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, Dairy Queen, McArthurs Bakery, Smoothie King, Starbucks, Stir Crazy, TGI Fridays, Tornatores, and many more! Tickets go on sale Monday during all lunch sessions. Don’t miss out on the biggest Renaissance event of the year!

COLLEGE REP VISITS
The following college representatives are scheduled to be in the College Center. Sign up and get a pass in the Guidance Office. For upcoming college rep visits, see the posted list in the Guidance Department.
University of Central MO 3/8 10:30
Iowa Wesleyan (in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa) 3/12 8:00
Lincoln College, Lincoln, IL 3/13 9:00
College of the Ozarks 3/13 11:00
Truman 3/26 8:00
UMKC 3/27 9:00
Mo S & T 3/28 9:00
Western IL Univ. 4/2 10:00
SIU-E 4/5 12:00
Mizzou 4/9 9:00
Mo Tech College 4/10 9:15
Lindenwood 4/10 10:00

COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITY
Students interested in how our government works and helping local communities…ST. LOUIS COUNTRY ELECTION BOARD needs high school volunteers to help at poll sites. Stop by the Community Service Office for more information.

BUTTERFLY HOUSE located at Faust Park on Olive needs volunteers for March Morpho Mania on the following dates.
March 17 – 12:15 – 3:15
March 18 – 9:30-3:15 OR 12:15-3:15
March 25 – 12:15 – 3:15
Contact Jessica Deering, Volunteer Services at 636-530-0076 Ext. 12.

FOREST RELEAF is an organization dedicated to planting trees and enriching communities. They need volunteers to help plant trees and shrubs on Saturdays. Workdays will take place March 10, 17, 24, and 31, April 7 and 14 from 8 am – 12 pm. If you plan on volunteering, you need to call 314-533-5323 or stop by the Community Service Office for more information.

ST. LOUIS ZOO offers many all year-round volunteer opportunities. If interested sharing your love of animals and teaching kids about wildlife, nature and the zoo, stop by the Community Service Office for information. You must be 15 years old.

ST. LOUIS AUDUBON SOCIETY is sponsoring several volunteer events at Creve Coeur Park:
Saturday, March 24 from 9 am – 1 pm…Watershed clean up is the 4th Annual Confluence Trash Bash
Saturday, April 14 from 9 am – 1 pm…Honeysuckle removal
For more information, stop by the Community Service Office.