Gas on Gas on Gas

This summer the price for gasoline is expected to rise up to $5 a gallon of gasoline.

According to the AAA’s Daily Fuel Gauge Report, the average national gasprice is already $3.74 a gallon of regular gasoline, in Saint Louis, Missouri, it is $3.54.That is more than 25 cents higher than the average price for gasoline one year ago.

This is already a big rise in gasoline prices, but not even close to the rise experts are expecting for the coming year. Because of the tensions between the United States and the Iran and Syria (our major supplier for gasoline) the national gasoline price is expected to raise about 50 cent per gallon. In addition the summer is coming up, what means that the demand of gasoline rises. Families are going on field trips, or on vacations etc. typically that makes up a rise of 20% per a gallon.

A lot of Americans decide to use their feet, or bike now to get away, but that is not necessarry to save gas and money. Here are some tips how to keep your wallet filled.

1. The most gas you can save by driving more constantly. No sudden start and stops, or aggressive acceleration will add up and can save you up to 30% of gas.

2. Slow down on the Highway. Each 5mph you slow down, you save about 7-10% on gas.

3. Did you align your tires yet? It might save you up to 10%. Are your tires old and without grip, new tires can also save up to 5 percent of gas.

4. Consant maintainment of  your cars engine will pay you back about 4 cent a gallon.