Hinojosa gets accepted to Pomona College through Questbridge Program

Daniela Hinojosa was accepted to Pamona College through the Questbridge Program.
Daniela Hinojosa was accepted to Pomona College through the Questbridge Program.

It is no secret that college is expensive in this day and age, with the costs of schooling, housing, and food adding up to the thousands of dollars a year. This leaves many talented students unable to afford the opportunity to advance their knowledge after high school.

One of these such students would have been senior Daniela Hinojosa.

As a part of the Questbridge Program, whose goal is to “create a place where exceptionally talented low-income students can navigate educational and life opportunities,” Hinojosa will be able to attend college at no cost.

“I began the program last year by applying for the College Prep scholarship, which is for juniors,” Hinojosa said.

She moved on to the next step this year, applying for the National College Match scholarship.

“The National College Match offers a large number of scholarships, but it takes a lot of hard work,” Hinojosa said.

She was chosen over thousands of students across America.

Through the program, she was accepted to Pomona College located in Claremont, California.

The school’s annual tuition is near $64,000.

“We were able to rank what school’s we wanted to go to the most out of the total 35 choices,” Hinojosa said.

Hinojosa plans to major in computer sciences.

“I’m excited to be able to take new classes that I wasn’t able to take in high school,” Hinojosa said.