Scholarship Foundation to host free workshop

The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis will host a free Decision Making workshop to assist students and families in understanding financial aid packages offered by institutions. The workshop presented on April 29, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., will explain how to review the amount and kind of financial aid offered, and will discuss any remaining expense gap that a student and family would have to cover on their own.

The workshop, Decision Making: Using Award Letters to Assess Affordability, will include workbooks with samples of a completed comparison form that illustrates how best to compare the information in financial aid award letters. It also contains a blank comparison form that families can use in comparing the award letters they actually receive. The workshop will be held at The Scholarship Foundation office, 8215 Clayton Road. Although, it is free, registering is appreciated. For more information or to register, call 314-725-7990 or email [email protected].

The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis, a nonprofit organization founded in 1920, is based upon the conviction that an educated citizenry is essential to a democracy. The Scholarship Foundation provides access to postsecondary education to members of our community who otherwise would not have the financial means to fulfill their educational goals. Annually, nearly 600 students are awarded $4 million in direct financial support in the form of interest-free loans and grants from The Scholarship Foundation. For more information, visit www.sfstl.org.