Football kicks off season with Jamboree at Parkway North

The football team will begin the 2015 season on the road traveling to Seckman on August 21. The game begins at 7 p.m. (file photo)

The Pattonville varsity football team will be kicking off the season with its participation in a Jamboree hosted by Parkway North on August 14.

The Pirates will face the teams from Francis Howell North, DeSmet and Lafayette beginning at 6 p.m. The second session features Parkway North, Chaminade, Lutheran North and Parkway South beginning at 7:30 p.m.

Cost of admission is $3 or canned food item.

This events gives the players and coaches the opportunity to see where they stand against other teams outside their conference.

“I’m excited to get started in my second season as a Pirate and see what I can do now with all the work I put in during the offseason,” sophomore and returning starting quarterback Kaleb Eleby said.

Two players were ranked in the 2015 Preseason Post-Dispatch Super 30. The list is the newspaper’s annual countdown of the area’s top senior college football prospects.

Markail Williams and Jordan Wilkes both earned a spot on the list.

Linebacker Markail Williams ranked No. 21 on the list. In 2014, he made 40 tackles, picked off four passes and recorded three sacks. Coming in at No. 27, linebacker Jordan Wilkes led the team last year with 72 tackles, eight sacks, forced two fumbles and captured two interceptions.

On the offensive side of the ball, the Pirates will feature a new running attack with the duo of senior Christopher Poindexter and junior Camron Washington in the backfield.

“This is our year to prove what we can do and show what we are all about,” sophomore Jordan Vence said.

2015 Schedule

• 8/21  at Seckman, 7 p.m.
  • 8/28 at Lindbergh, 7 p.m.
  • 9/4 Hazelwood West, 7 p.m.
  • 9/11 Ritenour, 7 p.m.
  • 9/18 at Webster Groves, 7 p.m.
  • 9/25 Parkway North, 7 p.m. (Homecoming)
  • 10/2 Rockwood Summit, 7 p.m.
  • 10/9 at Kirkwood, 7 p.m
  • 10/16 Mehlville, 7 p.m