Meet new teacher: Mr. Nathan Klosterman

Mr. Nathan Klosterman goes through a lesson with his students in his math class.

Mr. Nathan Klosterman is a new teacher in the math department in Pattonville High School and is excited about the new opportunity.

And if the name sounds familiar, it’s because students may know Mr. Richard Klosterman, but the newest addition has no real comment on the matter.

“I would rather leave it to the students’ imagination.”

In reality, the two are not related, but he does feel grateful to land a job at a school that staff and students feel like part of a family.

“I don’t know what to expect,” Klosterman said, “but the staff have been very helpful and I’m happy with what I’ve seen so far.”

This is his first teaching job, but not his first time being employed, however. He has volunteered at a summer camp and feels his work has made an impact.

“You definitely do [make a difference],” he said. “The camp goes for 5 weeks and you get to do activities with the kids that they may not get to do in summer and school.”

Since this is his first year of teaching, it is not expected to be smooth sailing.

“I’m still learning how the curriculum works at different schools, but it’s the same basic information.”

He works hard every day but he goes home happy.

“Yes, obviously, I go home exhausted like the students here,” Klosterman said, “but it’s been a great year so far.”

He hopes that he found a long-time home at Pattonville.

“I envision myself staying in the St. Louis area, but it’s a guessing game really,” Klosterman said. “Some schools will have a spot, others won’t. Yet, I have been very happy here so hopefully I can stick around.”