Pattonville preps for 2015 Dodgeball Tournament

The 2014 dodgeball champions celebrate with the Golden Globe trophy after winning the whole tournament.

After a yearlong wait it is finally back.

The Pattonville Dodgeball Tournament is Friday, Nov. 13, and 18 teams will round out the tournament, each with a chance to grab that elusive Golden Globe.

Team PVD, or Pattonville Varsity Dodgeball, comes in as the heavy favorites to win the title. Consisting of varsity baseball and varsity softball players, Team PVD believes they are the team to beat.

“We are full of athletes, simple as that,” PVD captain Brendan Anderson said. “We feel we can and will beat anybody we play.”

Although PVD seems confident in their chances to win, upsets do happen in sports and the other teams want to show off their skills and knock off Team PVD from their perch.

“I’m really competitive, so it’s nice to compete against other kids from this school,” senior Jack Wallis said about the tournament. “Winning is always fun and PVD stinks so I’m not really worried about losing to them.”

It is a double-elimination format for the tournament. If a team loses once, they get a chance to redeem themselves, but a second loss will lead to elimination.

There is a $2.00 entry fee to get in but the money earned goes to legitimate charities.

“The fee that everyone pays goes to Ronald McDonald House, Shriner’s Hospital, Special Olympics for Young Athletes and out to the community,” said Ms. Lopez. “It’s all for a good cause.”

The tournament bracket has yet to be created but will be shown for all to see at the tournament on Friday, Nov. 13, at 6 p.m. Teams participating in the tournament however must show up in the Commons at 5:30 p.m.