The Vow

The Vow

The Vow hit the big screen on Feb. 10 creating build-up for what was going to be one of the best movies bringing in $117.5 million to the box office. Particular attraction was drawn considering the main character, Leo, was played by Channing Tatum and his played love for new wife, Paige (Rachel McAdams).

Leo (Tatum) and Paige (McAdams) were two young newlyweds that were living in the own little apartment happily until one winter night. As they were at a standstill at a stop sign they were bashed by another truck coming from the back.

Both were raced to the hospital and were kept there. Leo soon recovered with no major injuries, but only to find his new love was in a coma and hadn’t woken up yet.

When Paige awoke to Leo, she talked to him as though he was her doctor. He didn’t know why she was acting weird. Soon a nurse came to tell him that she had lost her memory and didn’t remember much of anything that happened before the incident.

Paige refused to leave with her ‘husband,’ Leo, because she didn’t remember him. This tore her recent love, Leo, apart to the point where he wanted to do anything in his power to jog her memory of him.

Leo went through the trouble of showing her pictures, voicemails, and taking her places they had gone together. But, there was nothing. Then her parents played by Jessica Lange and Sam Neill, who she had not talked to in a while, walked right in and tried to take her away from Leo.

The parents wanted to try one more time to make her fulfill the dreams they had created for her, for her to become a lawyer. Leo knew she didn’t want this, so there were numerous conflicts between the parents and him.

Like in all movies, the bad guy looses, and the good one wins. However, this movie didn’t allow much excitement. Just an “ehh” ending.

I thought the movie was quite exaggerated and hoped for a better show. It left me wondering, and asking what happens next throughout the 1 hour and 44 minute film. This movie left me as a viewer with confusion and disappointment so I give it just a 6.5 out of 10.

I had hoped for a little more to the movie.