Meet the 2016 Homecoming Queen nominees

The 2016 Homecoming court was introduced during Monday's pep assembly.
The 2016 Homecoming court was introduced during Monday’s pep assembly.

The Homecoming Queen will be announced tonight at halftime during the football game. Before then, meet the senior candidates that are in the running for the crown:

Q: What are you involved in?

Q: What’s your favorite part about being on court?

Q: Why should people vote for you?

Erykah White

A: “PALs, Renaissance, Varsity Basketball, Varsity Volleyball,

A: “I love that everyone’s just saying ‘Oh, you look so pretty!’ because I never dress up. It’s so different.”

A: “I’m really nice, I’m not like stuck-up. Honestly, I don’t really care if they vote for me or not. So if you don’t know who to vote for, then you can vote for me.”

Bailey Schaefermeier

A: “Softball, Soccer, Renaissance, NHS, and Rho Kappa.”

A: “I get a free ticket to Homecoming.”

A: “I feel like I’m nice and I’m involved.”

Sophie Vik:

A: “I am involved in Thespian Troupe #1934, the theatre department, and choir.”

A: “My favorite thing about being on homecoming court actually hasn’t happened yet but it would definitely be walking across the track with my dad. When I told him that he got to do that, he got really excited. It makes me so excited I might start crying, I just love my dad.”

A: “I wouldn’t necessarily say that I should be queen but if I had to pick a reason I think it would be because I have connections with multiple different corners of the school. I think I’m friends with the theatre people, the choir people, and the band people, and also people who are involved in STUCO.

Ashli Bruton

A: “Golf, Caring For Others, and choir.”

A: “The crown.”

A: “Because I’m a great person.”

Megan Volz

A: “I’m the STUCO secretary, I’m in PALs, Varsity Lacrosse, Varsity Golf, Renaissance, Rho Kappa, and GALXC.”

A: “The crown, I really like it.”

A: “That’s a hard one; I guess I’m really involved and I consider myself nice. It’s so hard because everybody is the same. It’s really a toss up for who’s going to win.”

Madison Utley

A: “I’m involved in Varsity Soccer, Varsity Cheerleading, FEA, PALs, BSAAC, Rho Kappa, there are more but I just can’t think of it off of the top of pop my head. Oh! I’m also the senior class secretary.”

A: “I like dressing up every day and not having to buy the ticket for homecoming.”

A: “I think people should vote for me because I’m involved in a lot of things. I’m nice to a lot of people.”