Library offers space for studying in order to prepare for finals

By Bre Schumacher and Alyssa Lyon

The final week of the semester has come which means students are studying hard in order to do well on their final exams. But for many students, studying has been a semester-long ordeal.

The high school library has seen many students come and go through its doors since August in order to have a successful semester.

“Approximately 1,000 students have to check out books a semester,” library media specialist Ms. Kim Stinnett said.

Some of those students are coming down with teachers for a class project, but others prefer to work in the library instead of the classroom.

“During school, we get kids who like to come down because their classrooms are not conducive to studying so they will come down here and study,” Stinnett said. “After school, we have so many kids coming because they can meet with their teachers for tutoring.”

Stinnett said the library is a great place to work on homework or study for finals because the librarians are there to help.

The library provides a lot of space to work and offers a quiet place to work with limited distractions. The library is open from 7:15 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and is open on Friday from 7:15 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.

Stinnett said she has seen a lot of students take advantage of the after-school tutoring offered Monday through Thursday.

“A lot of kids are getting ready for finals by coming down here mostly after school.”

img_8801-copy

img_8803-copy