Maryland Heights Election 2012

Maryland Heights Election 2012

Voters in the Maryland Heights area elected a number of officials to various city positions on Tuesday, including two positions for the Pattonville School Board. The results, which were released onto the Maryland Heights Patch website on April 4th at 5:55 A.M., are as follows:

City Council

Ward 1: Ken Gold
Ward 2: Kim Baker
Ward 3: Chuck Caverly
Ward 4: Jim Carver

Pattonville School Board

Jean Schottmueller
Ralph Stahlhut

Parkway School Board

Kim Appelbaum
Beth Feldman

Saint Louis Community College Trustee

Doris Graham

Stahlhut, who has served on the board for almost 21 years, received 1,492 votes, 33.96% of the total vote. Schottmueller, with only 3 years on the Board, received the most support from Maryland Height’s voters, with 1,653 votes, 37.63% of the total vote. Michael Bailey did not receive enough of the 4,393 total votes, receiving just 1,231 nods (28%) casted for the Pattonville School Board election to win one of the two spots available. Write-in candidates received 17 votes, which is only 0.39% of the total vote.

All winners of the City Council elections were incumbent, meaning already in office, and will be returning to their seats. Ken Gold, Ward 1, and Kim Baker, Ward 2, won their elections in landslides, receiving 77.94% and 63.01% of the total vote respectfully. Chuck Caverly, Ward 3, and Jim Carver, Ward 4, both ran unopposed and received 98% and 97.77% of the total vote respectfully.

Kim Appelbaum, a newcomer, beat both incumbent candidates with 6,073 votes, which is 35.55% of the 17,083 votes that were casted for the Parkway School Board. Beth Feldman retained her seat with 6,042 votes, 35.37% of the total vote, and Helen Casteel lost her seat with only 4,837 votes, 28.31% of the total votes.

Doris Graham re-won her seat, which she had lost last year, in the Saint Louis Community College Trustee with 47% of the total vote.