Washington signs to play football at Quincy University

Cameron Washington is joined by his family and friends during his sports signing on April 7.

During his senior season, Cameron Washington laced up his cleats every Friday knowing it was his last season playing football for the Pattonville Pirates. He didn’t know where, or if, he would ever play the game again. On April 7, he signed to play the game at Quincy University, furthering both his athletic and academic career.

Washington has been looking for colleges to continue his football career since December of last year.

“I received two offers from Greenville College and Avila University,” he said. “Both were amazing schools with a strong football program but they both did not offer full ride scholarships for athletics which I didn’t like.”

Washington got his big break when the coach at Quincy University watched his game tapes and loved them.

“Quincy was perfect for me because they are a Division II school which means I can get a lot of scholarship money and they have the major I want to go into which is sports management and marketing.”

The right major, size, and distance away from home, made Quincy University the perfect home away from home for Washington.

On the day of his signing, friends and family came together to watch Washington’s big moment.

“It felt amazing to sign, especially after all I had been through in the recruiting process,” he said. “It is a blessing and an honor to say that I will be continuing to play the sport that I love.”