Mr.+Simpson+helps+a+student+on+an+assignment.+

Mr. Simpson helps a student on an assignment.

Meet new teacher: Mr. James Simpson

Pattonville alum joins the English department as a new teacher.

Mr. James Simpson helps out a student on an assignment in class.

Mr. James Simpson is a new face in the English department but definitely not new to Pattonville. After graduating from the high school only a few years ago, he went to Southeast Missouri State University and decided to pursue teaching.

His main goal as a new teacher is to provide his students the skills in order to succeed.

“I want to give my students the confidence and skills they need to excel when they go off to college.”

He often jokes about the main reason he went into teaching.

“Both of my parents were teachers so I didn’t have much of a choice.”

However, the main reason was because he enjoys working with young people and he wants to help students become better readers and writers.

Having sat at a Pattonville desk before, he feels he understands the students perspective much more.

“I grew up in Maryland Heights so I also understand where the students are coming from.”

Being in the same school building as his dad (PE teacher Mr. Rob Simpson) is not new to him either.

“He was at the same middle school when I was a student and here when I was a student so school does not feel right if my dad is not in the same building,” he said.

Mr. James Simpson is not going to be an idle bystander at the school either.

“I will be tutoring starting next week and I will be working with some creative writing groups here at the high school.”

PattonvilleTODAY • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$125
$600

• J

Jennifer PlumeAug 24, 2017 at 8:33 am

Rob Simposon was a fun teacher. He also helped keep me out of trouble many many years ago. Glad he is still teaching. Congrats Mr. James Simpson, I know you will do a wonderful job.

Reply