Pattonville holds College Fair for students

Lorelei Ryan
Colleges set up booths with pamphlets of info of their programs

Area high school and Pattonville students filled the main gym on Sept. 21 for the annual College Fair. More than 90 colleges and universities participated in the fair hosted by Pattonville High School.

College counselor Ms. Michelle Luraschi explained how important it is for upperclassmen to get a head start on looking for colleges.

“It’s so important for juniors and seniors to be meeting with those colleges, learning about what interests them, and what college is the right fit for them,” she said. “It’s very important to start that process early.”

The fair included 91 colleges from all around the country, giving students the opportunity to meet reps and get information about majors they are interested in.

Students who signed up online received a barcode that college reps could scan in order to send more information to the students. Even though any student in all grades were welcome to go, juniors and seniors were the ones who Luraschi encouraged the most to attend.

She said it’s important for students to meet with her to help come up with a plan for after high school, whether if it’s college or the military or a technical/trade school.

Seniors can make appointments with Luraschi in the fall, and juniors can start making appointments in the spring; appointments can be make in the guidance office any time.