Pattonville offering Spirit Buses to help students get to state championship game

Isabella Monahan, Staff writer

Pattonville defeated Fort Zumwalt North in the semifinal game and advanced to the state championship for the first time since 2000. Students are overwhelmed with spirit as the varsity football team moves on to face the Staley High School Falcons for the Class 5 state title at Mizzou.

Students who may not be able to find a ride to go and cheer on their school can ride the pep bus to the varsity football game. The bus departs at 3:30 p.m. from the pool entrance and will arrive back at approximately 12 a.m.

Students looking for a way to get to the game can choose to take the pep bus to Columbia. With a purchase of a $10 game ticket, students can pay an extra $2 for the ride and permission forms must be submitted by Nov. 21.

For students like 15-year-old Camden Kratz, riding the pep bus is the only way she would have been able to attend the game.

“I can drive, but I have to have an adult with me,” Kratz said. “I would have no other way there if this wasn’t available.”

Senior Orlando Williams is going to be on the bus to the game because he is excited for the school spirit.

“There will be a lot of good energy on the bus because everyone will be pumped for the game,” Williams said.

For just $2, Williams doesn’t consider the pep bus just a good deal.

“It’s a great deal,” he said. “For $2, you are taking a mini trip to Columbia to see the Pirates win state.”

Students must be in good standing with regards to citizenship/behavior and must follow all the rules of the Pattonville Discipline Handbook.

Tickets for the championship game will be pre-sold at the high school from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 21, and will also be sold at the stadium gates at Mizzou on Nov. 25.