Applications for Writers Week due Feb. 9

Writers Week provides students with an opportunity to share their ideas and writing to others, and for the first time ever, Pattonville High School will be hosting the event.

It will take place during the week of March 19-23, which is the week before Spring Break.

English teacher Ms. Jodi Moeller has taken part in Writers Week for the past nine years at Hazelwood West and decided to bring the annual event over to Pattonville with her in her first year of teaching at the high school.

“Every hour of every day that week, a different speaker will be presenting their work,” she said. “Teachers are free to take their classes to the auditorium to listen to the speaker of the hour.”

Students can share work in any genre of writing including short stories, poetry, song, and documentaries.

Professional writers will also be here at Pattonville during Writers Week.

“Novelists, poets, journalists, and other professionals who specialize in a type of writing genre will be here to share their work, give advice, and answer questions.”

Students who wish to share their work along with these professionals will be expected to turn in their best work  and be able to discuss their writing and revision process.

Students can stop by Ms. Moeller’s room (B113) for an application or download one by clicking this link.