School gives teachers hand sanitizer for the classroom

It was as if Oprah was at Pattonville giving things away. “You get a hand sanitizer! You get a hand sanitizer! Everybody gets a hand sanitizer!”

On Friday, Feb. 2, high school custodians received a notice from the school board and were informed to distribute hand sanitizer to every classroom to keep a safer and germ-free environment for students and faculty members.

“Having hand sanitizer is really important to have in schools because it keeps germs from spreading around,” custodian Ms. Shirley Newman said.

Hand sanitizer is a liquid hand wash that kills infectious germs from your hands.

“It’s nice to have hand sanitizer provided by the school as kids are getting sick or might need to freshen up in class,” theatre teacher Ms. Lara Corvera said.

Hand sanitizer is a good hand wash to use, especially to prevent from getting sick.

“I think with all of the sickness that’s been going around, having hand sanitizer keeps our environment sanitary,” Corvera said.

It’s a way to stay clean and keep things germ-free.

“As a verbal reminder for students, I keep hand sanitizer by the Kleenex so that students use it after blowing their nose,” Corvera said.

Students are instructed to use hand sanitizer more often or wash their hands to help cut down germs and keep the school clean.