Students participate in second Spirit Week of the school year

During the 4-day school week of Feb. 20-23, Pattonville Student Council hosted a Spirit Week leading up to Mr. PHS on Friday night.

A second Spirit Week has been a popular demand since student participated in one during homecoming week in October, so Student Council organized it for the annual Mr. PHS pageant which is hosted by the National Honor Society.

Mr. PHS winner Yohanes Mulat said Spirit Week went great.

“I thought it was a fun way to get people spirited and come out to Mr. PHS.”

When asked what his favorite Spirit Week day was, he said he personally liked Meme Day,

“It took a lot for me to get it approved and people had fun and unique memes which were exciting.”

Meme Day was the first day of Spirit Week and it seemed to be the most popular of the days since memes are very popular.

Modern language teacher Mr. Nathan Bachelder and Steve Smith participated in Teacher/Student Swap Day. They both dressed like each other on a normal school day.

The other days students participated in were Twin Day (Wednesday), Blast from the Past Day (Thursday), and Teacher/Student Swap Day (Friday).

Turnout was low compared to the popular Spirit Week during homecoming, and students contribute that to one thing.

“I think it would have been more successful if there was a class competition,” sophomore Erica Goryl said. “Everyone was hype about the competitions during homecoming and it would have resulted in a better turnout.”