Varsity volleyball adds many new faces to roster

Jake Richardson, Writer

The 2018 boys’ varsity volleyball team

With spring tryouts coming to an end, Pattonville’s boys’ varsity volleyball team has added many new faces and is excited for a new season with new players.

One of the new players is senior Kameron Perkins.

“I decided to make the switch from track this year to volleyball so I can try out a new experience and be with my friends,” he said. “The varsity team really took me in and helped me learn and develop during tryouts. I’m excited to play with my new team and a lot of my friends this year.”

John Lewis is a familiar face within the Pattonville volleyball program but a new addition to the varsity team.

“I worked really hard on my passing and attitude this year,” he said. “I figured if they both are really good, it gives me the best shot to play at the next level and it worked. I’m going to keep pushing and make sure I help the team get better.”

Freshman Cole Schuler is the newest face on the Pattonville boys’ volleyball varsity squad.

“I’ve been playing volleyball most of my life, and I came into the tryout just wanting to have fun and play with my friends. Everyone on the team from last year told me to show up and just play like I normally do and it worked out really well,” Schuler said. “I’m excited to be on the varsity program and have a chance to play with a lot of my good friends and bring home a lot of wins for the program.”

With the varsity team coming off of an impressive 22-7-1 season last year, the team’s goals are very high for how far they can go this year.

Senior Auston Bonte said the team needs to stay focused.

“The main focus this year is to just have fun and go play our game of volleyball,” he said. “We need to take things game-by-game and not look too far ahead and get distracted by the games coming up.”