College Credit English students prepare to take midterm exam

Seniors in English teacher Ms. Edna Nichols’ College Credit English class will be taking a midterm exam on Wednesday, March 21, and Thursday, March 22.

According to Jashayla Pettigrew, students have read 17 short stories and two novels so far in the semester.

“There will be questions from all of them, including quotes, characters, literary terms, and big ideas,” she said.

Chloe Neal felt a bit apprehensive about the midterm because it’s over a large amount of material and seems extremely specific. However, she has a plan to make her feel better about the test.

“I’m looking at literary terms and ideas,” Neal said. “I’ll also be studying via a study group with my friends.”

When Kamilah Kirkwood was asked how she was preparing for the midterm, she said she has a plan.

“I’m just going over the stuff I wrote in my notebook and will probably be re-reading a few stories that I don’t remember as much.”

For most of the students, this is one of the biggest tests that they’ve had to take so they are slightly nervous about it and are hoping for the best results.

Along with the foundation that Nichols’ has laid for them, this midterm will give these students a sense of how college work is and what they should do to prepare for the major tests.