Pattonville takes back-to-back losses against Parkway North, Parkway South

Brandon Tiepelman, Sports writer

Inexperience has been the thing holding Pattonville back at the beginning of the 2018 season. In two games played the week before Spring Break, the Pirates dropped contests to Parkway North and to Parkway South.

Tuesday marked Game 3 on the calendar for the Pattonville Pirates when they played the Parkway North Vikings.

The first quarter was very close with the score staying neck and neck. Senior Sonny Alvi got his first start of the season and scored 2 goals in the game, the first one being a flashy spinning backhand goal. Pattonville started losing their groove and ended up losing 7-3 in their closest game of the season.

On Wednesday, the Pirates took on the Parkway South Patriots.

The Pirates did not get what they were looking for in the hopes of winning as they were blown out 17-0 in their bout against the Patriots.

Austin Brower reflected on the loss.

“That team has been together longer than us,” he said. “Most of us have never played a game together before this year. Also, our most experienced player has only played for 3 years, while they have players that have played for much, much longer. They played off of our weaknesses, and they played them well.”

The Pirates next game will be Monday, April 2, against Lafayette at Pattonville.