Bonté signs to play volleyball at Lewis University

Lorelei Ryan, Editor

Auston Bonté signed to Lewis University, located in Illinois, on April 5th to play volleyball

Senior Auston Bonté signed to Lewis University to play volleyball on Friday, April 5. Bonté is currently team captain and an outside hitter on the boys’ volleyball team, and will be attending the college in the fall to continue his education to become a physical therapist.

“They have a great [physical therapy] program. Then on top of that, they have an amazing D1 men’s volleyball program as well,” he said.

He chose from 12 colleges, narrowing it down to Lindenwood, St. Charles, and Lewis.

“It was a really hard choice. I actually first committed to Lindenwood, but then I didn’t feel comfortable in my choice and decommitted.”

He has been on the volleyball team since his freshman year, after playing basketball and deciding he was not very good at it. He switched and says that he caught on pretty fast with the sport, and it seemed easy to him.

“As soon as my junior year started, I knew that I wanted to play,” he said about knowing when he wanted to play in college. “I knew that I wanted to play somewhere and somehow.”