Richardson signs to play volleyball at Culver-Stockton College

Callie Farrar, Writer

Senior Jake Richardson signed to play volleyball at Culver-Stockton College on April 5 during a signing event that also included volleyball player Auston Bonte (Lewis University) and basketball player Tyra Brown (Jefferson College).

“I chose Culver-Stockton because they have a good business program and I have a friend already on the volleyball team at Culver-Stockton, so I thought it would just be easier to mesh with the team.”

Richardson had to choose from 10 colleges, narrowing it down to Culver-Stockton and Grand View.

Richardson currently plays middle on the Pirates varsity boys’ volleyball team after starting off his career on the freshman team. Moving up to varsity was a big deal to Richardson at the end of his sophomore season.

“My freshman year of high school, I played really bad, but the summer going into my sophomore year, I practiced with my fellow teammate Austin Bonté, and over time, I improved.”

Being on a college volleyball team will be a new world to Richardson, and he can’t wait to get out there and start to play.

“It will be a different experience on a higher level, but it will be a good ole time.”

1 Comment

One Response to “Richardson signs to play volleyball at Culver-Stockton College”

1. Darleen D Nelson on April 12th, 2018 1:47 pm

Congratulations Jake on signing with Culver-Stockton! Wishing you only the best the rest of the year with the Pirates and then bigger and better things at Culver-Stockton. Congrats to Auston as well on his signing.