Pattonville varsity soccer wins Peyton’s Pals Tourney

Back to Article
Back to Article

Varsity soccer team show their support by wearing the Peyton's Pals t-shirt

Kyleigh Maryas, Writer

Varsity soccer team show their support by wearing the Peyton’s Pals t-shirt.

On Monday, April 23, Pattonville’s varsity girls’ soccer team kicked off the Peyton’s Pals Tourney.

The teams that participated in the tournament were the Pattonville Pirates, the Liberty Eagles, the Mehlville Panthers, and the Rosati-Kain Kougars.

They all were participating in this tournament to raise awareness for FOXG1. It is a syndrome that involves brain structure abnormalities. Essentially, an infant’s brain grows slower eventually leading to an abnormally smaller head size. There was a T-shirt booth for Peyton’s Pals where they were taking donations for the cause.

On Monday, the Pirates played the Rosati-Kain Kougars and the Pirates won 4-0. The Liberty Eagles played the Mehlville Panthers and the Eagles won 2-0.

On Tuesday the 24th, Pattonville played against Liberty and Pattonville won 3-1. Rosati-Kain played Mehlville and Mehlville had the win.

On Thursday the 26th, Liberty played against Rosati-Kain and Liberty won 2-1, and then Pattonville played against Mehlville and the Pirates won 4-3 for the win of the tournament.

After the game, the team went to the locker room to talk about the game and receive the champions plaque.

Varsity coach Jason Sellers said, “Congrats on the win ladies, I’m very proud of all of you. I am even more proud that we were able to raise a lot of money for the cause.”