Pattonville boys’ track and field team win Districts for the first time since 1999

(Photo Taken from Pattonville’s Track and Field/ Cross Country Twitter) The Districts’ first place boys’ plaque.

The Pattonville boys’ track and field team has been going out strong this season and the latest pieces of hardware to add to the trophy case are the plaques for winning first place at the Conference and District meets. It’s the first time since 1999 that they won either competition. 

Junior Robert Gibson felt very impressed after going back-to-back with the team wins.

“It was really awesome winning districts because we haven’t in such a long time and it shows that the program is growing in the right way.”

It was definitely a hot day for running, and with a lot of PRs and good races, it was definitely a day to celebrate.

“When Lucas and I came 1st and 2nd in the 1600m, it felt really great.” Robert Gibson said, speaking about his brother, Lucas Gibson.

The girls’ track and field team finished 3rd as a team when Pattonville hosted the Class 5 District 3 Track and Field Meet throughout the day on Saturday, May 12.

This season has been one to remember with plenty of school records being broken including Jada Moore in the girls’ 200m dash breaking her own 200m PR, Dakari Streeter in the boys’ discus, and Derrick Boyce in the boys’ javelin. 

The boys' Class 5 District 3 first place plaque. (Photo from Pattonville’s Track and Field/Cross Country Twitter page)

Those that finished in the Top 4 at the Districts meet advance to the Class 5 Sectionals Meet at MICDS on Saturday, May 19, for a chance to compete at the State Championships. Here is the complete list of the athletes that advanced:

1st Place – District Champion
  • Michael Jackson – Long Jump, Triple Jump
  • Dakari Streeter – Discus, Shot Put, Javelin
  • Diamond Richardson – Shot Put
  • Kendall Battle – Javelin
  • Travis Tyler, Charles Shelton, Michael Jackson, Derrick Boyce – 4×200 M Relay (New School Record)
  • Travis Tyler, Charles Shelton, Michael Jackson, Derrick Boyce – 4×100 M Relay
  • Robert Gibson – 1600 M Run
  • Robert Gibson – 3200 M Run
  • Jada Moore – 200 M Dash
  • Lucy Ndungu – 3200 M Run
  • Brooke Jenkins, Demisha Anglin, Zharia Matthews, Kendall Battle – 4×400 M Relay
2nd Place
  • Katie Basta – Pole Vault, Javelin
  • Brooke Jenkins – Long Jump
  • Diamond Richardson – Discus
  • Derrick Boyce – Javelin
  • Travis Tyler – 100 M Dash
  • Jada Moore – 100 M Dash
  • Lucas Gibson – 1600 M Run
3rd Place
  • Charles Shelton – 100 M Dash
  • Jada Moore – 400 M Dash
4th Place
  • Hameed Qasem – High Jump
  • Isaiah Wilkes – Discus
  • Demisha Anglin – 400 M Dash
  • Derrick Boyce – 200 M Dash