SLIDESHOW Class of 2018 graduates from Pattonville High School

May 25, 2018

When the band began playing Fanfare and Processional, it was time to honor the 2018 Pattonville High School graduates.

Check out the slideshow below from graduation. On a mobile device? Click here for the slideshow. 

Senior Class President Yohanes Mulat welcomed the families and guests of the 394 graduating seniors who were to cross the stage at the St. Charles Family Arena on May 24, 2018, and Christian Vaughn-Taylor (“A Step in the Right Direction”) and Elleni Yeshiwas (“Thank you, Pattonville”) presented their speeches as the featured senior speakers.

The band performed the National Anthem and the PHS Alma Mater joined by the high school choir which also performed the selection “Homeward Bound.”

The graduating class has its accomplishments announced by building principal Dr. Joe Dobrinic at the start of the ceremony.

There were 32 members of the graduating class that earned the distinction of Summa Cum Laude (4.03 GPA and above), 29 seniors earned the honor of Magna Cum Laude (3.75-4.02 GPA), and 32 members of the Class of 2018 earned the merit of Cum Laude (3.50-3.74).

This year, 88 percent of the graduates plan some type of post-secondary education and will be attending 96 different universities and junior colleges, and 14 of this year’s graduates will be serving the country in a branch of the United States Armed Forces.

Every student successfully completed 50 community service hours to satisfy the Pattonville graduation requirements and the Class of 2018 collectively completed 38,500 hours of community service. The Top 3 senior volunteers were Brock Beins who accumulated 1,273 hours of community service, Madelyn Hubbs who completed 661 hours of community services and Rebecca Kaufman who accumulated 586 hours of community service.

There were 97 students of the Class of 2018 that successfully completed the requirements to be designated A+ scholars and have earned two years of college at designated institutions free of charge.

Overall, the graduating class of 2018 earned more than $13.3 million in scholarships.

https://pattonvilletoday.smugmug.com/2018-Graduation/