2018 Pattonville yearbook earns All-Missouri rating

The 2018 Echo was awarded the All-Missouri rating from the Missouri Interscholastic Press Association.

The 2018 Pattonville yearbook, Echo, earned All-Missouri recognition from the Missouri Interscholastic Press Association. This is the highest award given out by the MIPA, placing the book among the top yearbooks in the state.

To achieve this, the Echo had to receive high scores in the five areas of judging – Theme, Coverage, Writing and Editing, Design, and Photography. The editors-in-chief for the book were Nadia Maddex (‘18), Lauren Fisher (‘18) and Brooke Guiot (‘19).

“I’m very proud of the students that were part of the 2018 staff,” adviser Brian Heyman said. “It just tells us that the judge really recognized all of the work that went into creating this yearbook, and the students worked so hard on it.”

Innovation with technology was a driving force behind the yearbook theme of “And Beyond.” The Echo staff covered more than what is seen in the physical yearbook. In the 81st Volume, students can view memories of the year by using their phone and watching videos that are triggered to play by pictures in the book.

The 2018 Echo staff celebrates after learning the 2017 yearbook was selected to be included in the Jostens Look Book, a publication that celebrates the best-of-the-best in yearbook design and coverage.

“We featured a lot of video in the yearbook using an app called HP Reveal,” senior Madison Brown said. “When someone held their phone up to a linked picture in the book, a video would automatically play taking the viewer ‘Beyond’ the pages of the actual book.”

As editor-in-chief of the 2019 yearbook, Brown said she plans to make sure the publication remains one of the best high school publications in the state.

“We are working hard on this year’s theme and there will definitely be more to it.”

Make sure to purchase your 2019 yearbook by going to JostensYearbooks.com and searching for Pattonville High School.