Career Day Fair helps students prepare for the future

A+student+looks+at+materials+available+at+the+Career+Fair+table+for+those+interested+in+becoming+an+educator.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

A student looks at materials available at the Career Fair table for those interested in becoming an educator.

Ava Woods, Reporter

The Career Day Fair was a place where all different kinds of careers came together for one day to help guide students to pick their future professions.

Homeroom teachers in 9th & 10th grade escorted their classes to and from the Career Fair during their designated time on Nov. 8.

Health science, hospitality and tourism, finance, and education positions are just a few of the many career paths that were provided for the freshman and sophomore classes to learn about during their 30-minute event. Each of the booths had a person that worked in a certain career field that was ready to answer some of the students’ questions.

One of the organizers of Career Day, Ms. Holly Martinez, said Career Day was created to help expose students to the many different careers available to them and the courses that they can take in high school to help them prepare for life after graduation.

“We wanted the students to be exposed to the different careers that they may be interested in so they know what kind of courses and types of training they can get now so they can be prepared for when they graduate from high school.”

The different careers that were invited to come to Pattoville were arranged through Martinez’s office.

“We contacted the local Chamber of Commerce, people that we’ve met, and through our own personal contacts,” she said. “We also reached out to the high school staff to see if they knew of anyone in the career fields we were looking for.”

Pattonville High School has many resources to help students find a career path if they still feel lost.

“They can use Naviance Student, which provides many personality and career assessments to further help them.”