Boys’ basketball loses to St. Mary’s 57-54 in the final game of the Vianney Invitational Tournament

Back to Article
Back to Article

Nathan Schiermeyer

Pattonville boys’ varsity basketball (0-3) lost 57-54 to the St. Mary’s Dragons (1-3) in the final game of the Vianney Invitation Tournament on Friday, Nov. 30.

These two teams were playing for seventh place out of the eight-team field. Pattonville was the seventh seed in the tournament and St. Mary’s was fourth. St. Mary’s struggled from the very beginning without their star guard Yuri Collins┬álosing both of their games before playing Pattonville.

Pattonville’ senior guard Andre Webb led all scorers for the Pirates with 15 points shooting 7-for-11 from the field and 50 percent from the free throw line. Forward DeAndre James had 8 points with a perfect 3-for-3 from the field and 2-for-2 from the free throw. The Pirates improved on defensive rebounding racking up a total of 23 boards. Pattonville also had 8 turnovers which was the least amount that the entire team has had in the tournament.

Stats for St. Mary’s were not posted on the Post-Dispatch website but numbers were available for Pattonville.

Pattonville (0-3) next plays the St. Charles Pirates (3-1) at St. Charles on Dec. 4.

Final
Pattonville 54
St. Mary’s 57
Pattonville Pts FG 3FG FT FL
Andre Webb (#12, 5-10, Gua, Sr.) 15 7-11 0 1-2 1
Kellen Thames (6-0, Gua, Fr.) 14 4-6 2-4 0 0
DeAndre James (#55, 6-1, For, Sr.) 8 3-3 0 2-2 3
Levi Banks (#15, 5-9, Gua, So.) 6 2-4 0 2-3 3
Yohance Brown (#30, 6-0, For) 6 3-4 0 0 0
Monte Henderson (#20, 6-0, Gua, Jr.) 4 1-5 0 2-2 0
Markeal Lawrence (#35, 6-2, For, So.) 1 0 0 1-2 3
St. Mary’s
Individual stats Have not been reported.