High school theatre group presents Hairspray

Students+rehearse+the+high+school+production+of+Hairspray.+

Students rehearse the high school production of Hairspray.

The Pirate Players are putting on a production of Hairspray and opening night is this week. Show dates are Feb. 14-16 at 7 p.m. and at 2 p.m. on Feb. 17. Tickets are $5 for students/children and $7 for adults.

All of the cast and crew members have been working hard to put this show together and cannot wait for everyone to see it.

Senior Alonna Gibson, who plays Velma Von Tussle, is making final preparations for the show.

“The closer to show week I get, the more excited and kind of nervous I get,” she said. “Especially with this being my last musical, I feel more pressure. I really do think it’s going to be great and I hope lots of people come out to see all of the hard work we have put into making this show good.”

Sophomore Kyle Beaver, an ensemble member who also plays Mr. Pinky, said he’s very excited to be on stage for this musical.

“It has been such a fun time working with the cast and crew,” he said. “I can’t wait till opening night when we put on our fantastic version of Hairspray.”

Head stage manager junior Elise Thompkins is excited to be part of this production.

“The musical is looking great and is one of my favorites that I’ve been in,” Thompkins said.

Junior Alayna Hopgood, who plays Motermouth Maybelle, is really excited for the musical.

“I mean, I’m not gonna lie, I was worried for a minute there, but we are all coming together,” she said. “If you are a person who likes music, comedy, or just having something to do, I’d definitely recommend seeing the show.”

Show dates are Feb. 14-16 at 7 p.m. and at 2 p.m. on Feb. 17 in the Pattonville High School auditorium. Tickets are $5 for students/children and $7 for adults.