January 30, 2012

The English ACT Review will be held tonight from 6-8 pm in B113.
-Read-More-

Baseball hitting is cancelled tonight.

COLLEGE REP VISITS THIS WEEK
Sign up and get a pass in the Guidance Office.
Talent West Modeling    1/31    12:30
Northwest Missouri State    2/1    8:00
Missouri Tech College    2/2    9:00
Airline Academy    2/3    9:00

Juniors interested in Pharmacy as a career and have over a 3.0 gpa are eligible to apply to the Walgreens Explorer Program.  You must have your own transportation.  See Ms. Kampschroeder in the College Center for an application that is due March 2.

There will be a boys volleyball meeting during contact time on Feb. 2 in Coach Schwendemann’s room (D210).

Girls soccer will meet during contact time on February 2 in the upper gym.

For those interested in running, jumping, or throwing with the track team, there will be a meeting in the main gym during Contact Time Feb 2.

CFO/FCCLA – Caring for Others/Family, Career and Community Leader of America
Will hold a meeting Thursday, February 2 during contact time is room E203.  Refreshment!!  Pick up passes from Mrs. Borgmann in room E203.

Remember the Pirate Code…Be Respectful.  Be Responsible.  Be Involved.

The Pirate Code Leadership Team has accepted Rachel’s Challenge.  We vow to be involved in making PHS and our community a better place for all.  Many of you also accepted Rachel’s Challenge on last week. Since accepting the challenge, what actions have you taken to show kindness, end prejudice, stop bullying and make PHS and our community a better place for all?  Will you stand by idle or will you be part of the change? Please join students from the Pirate Code during each lunch period today as we continue our kindness chain links, by recognizing staff and students that have shown acts of kindness.
~~~~
TODAY’S EVENTS
Girls Swimming at home vs Rosati-Kain, 4 pm (Bridgeton Community Center)
Freshman Boys Basketball PHS Tournament:
CBC vs Pattonville, 4 pm
Northwest vs Ritenour, 5:30 pm

COLLEGE REP VISITS
The following college representatives are scheduled to be in the College Center.  Sign up and get a pass in the Guidance Office.  For upcoming college rep visits, see the posted list in the Guidance Department.
Talent West Modeling    1/31    12:30
Northwest Missouri State    2/1    8:00
Missouri Tech College    2/2    9:00
Airline Academy    2/3    9:00
Paul Mitchel School    2/7    12:00
SIU-C    2/15    9:00
UMKC    3/27    9:00
Western IL Univ.    4/2    10:00

COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
MARYLAND HEIGHTS 11TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL DAY on Sunday, February 26 from 12-5 pm needs volunteers to carry flags representing your country of origin.  Contact the Community Service Office immediately if interested.

11TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL CULTURAL ARTS FESTIVAL “CELEBRATE THE WORLD”, Sunday, February 26 from 12-5 pm located at Maryland Heights Centre is in need of volunteers.  Stop by the CSO for more information.

St. Louis County Parks needs volunteers to help repair trails.   Stop by the Community Service Office for a list of dates of winter/spring volunteer projects.

Briar Crest Elementary is holding parent involvement events and need help with daycare.  Dates are February 8 6:45 – 8:15 pm; and April 18 6:45 – 8:15 pm…4-5 volunteers are needed.  Sign up in the CSO if interested.
-End-