PHS prepares for Taste of Pattonville

Taste of Pattonville

The 7th Annual Taste of Pattonville, a fundraising event held by the Renaissance club, will be on Thursday, April 4, in the PHS cafeteria from 5:30-8:30 p.m. At this event, 25 to 30 restaurants come and donate food samples and drinks, where everyone is eligible to buy a ticket and eat as much as they can.

Between 500-600 people attend this event every year, and restaurants such as Jimmy Johns, Chevy’s, Lone Star, Macaroni Grill, Starbucks, Tony’s Donuts, T.G.I Friday’s and more will be participating, as well as Jilly’s Cupcakes, which is participating in Taste of Pattonville this year for the first time.

“Everyone is excited about Jilly’s Cupcakes,” Ms. Beth Moritz, English teacher and head of Renaissance, said.

Moritz also said the money raised by the fundraiser goes toward different Renaissance programs, such as the Dessert Bar, the Improvement Luncheon, Field Day, MVP, Pirate Renaissance shirts, and Scholar-Athlete shirts. It is the only fundraiser held by Renaissance. There are also two seniors in charge of the event this year: Erin Leventhal and Erica Riggs.

“It’s an exhausting, but really fun evening,” Moritz said.

Tickets are on sale now for $12 for adults, $8 for kids from 1st-5th grade, and kids in kindergarten and younger get in free. Tickets went on sale on Monday, March 18, during all lunch sessions and will also be available at the door.