24th Annual Pattonville Wellness Run/Walk to be held April 27

On April 27, 2013 Pattonville will host its annual Wellness Run/Walk. Participants of all ages are able to enter the 5K run/walk. PreK-8th grade are able to qualify for the 1 mile run/walk.

The race begins at Pattonville High School, 2497 Creve Coeur Mill Road, Maryland Heights, Mo. The 5k run/walk will begin at 8.30 a.m. and the 1 mile run/walk will begin at 9:30 a.m. Everyone who enters the run/walk will receive participation ribbons. For the 5K Run, trophies will be given to the overall male and female finishers and top-three age division finishers. For the 1 mile, medals will be awarded for all as follows:

PreK-2nd grade: Gold…9 minutes or less, Silver… 10 minutes or less, Bronze…11 minutes or less

3rd-5th grade: Gold…8 minutes or less, Silver…9 minutes or less, Bronze…10 minutes or less

6th-8th grade: Gold…7 minutes or less, Silver…8 minutes or less, Bronze…9 minutes or less

Special awards that will be given are trophies for the youngest finisher, oldest finisher, district building with most employee participants, district school with the most student participants, and family with most participants in the race (including extended family members). Runners are allowed to compete as an individual as well as in the group events.

T-shirts will be provided for the first 400 entrants, so make sure to get your registration form ASAP! There will also be post-run refreshments for all participants.

Early registration fees for the individual rate: $10. Family members at same residence can register at discounted rates:  2 people=$20 3 people=$25 4 people=$30 5 or more people=$40.  Late registration fees will have an additional $5/individual and/or family entry on race day.

Race day registration will be accepted from 7:30-8:20 a.m. Refunds will not be offered.

Participants can mail their their pre-registration form to the Pattonville Learning Center and make checks payable to: “Pattonville Wellness Run.”

Packet Pick-Up will be April 24-25, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and April 26, 8:00 a.m.- 11:00 a.m. at the Pattonville Learning Center. Please call to arrange for evening pick-up. You may also pick up your packet on race day. For additional information, contact Claire Steiner, Wellness Coordinator, at (314) 213-8010 or by email at [email protected].

To find out the race results visit: www.psdr3.0rg — Navigate to “Departments and Services” then click on “Wellness”