Welcome to Gallery G

Many have noticed some construction going on in the D-wing. The new room that used to be Mr. Lammer’s office will now be known as Gallery G.

It is being built by the woodshop kids and will display student artwork. Mr. Hopkin’s woodshop class is in charge of the project.

The gallery will allow students to present their art in a more professional environment. Pattonville has recently been recognized for their tremendous artist at the Lindenwood Art Show, and this will give more students the ability to display their work proudly.

Mrs. Kathriner, art teacher, is the organizer of the new gallery. She said the gallery will give a better chance for students to get experience in the art field. The studio will allow students to set up their own shows displaying their work for their peers.

Kathriner says, “It is meant to be a small gallery space… to give an experience of a professional show.”

She expects the first art show in the new studio to take place at the beginning of next school year, and will be an alumni show. Graduates of Pattonville will get the chance to show their art off in the new gallery.

She expects five to six shows next year, and anyone is allowed to apply for a show. The entire community can enter work to be in the gallery.

There may be a faculty show that will display artwork from faculty around the district. And it is not limited to paintings and drawings. So, next year feel free to explore the new space.