Travis+Harder

Travis Harder

Mr. Travis Harder, iLearn Teacher has taught at Pattonville for 10 years as well as 6 universities.

What is your favorite memory of teaching at Pattonville?

• “I have too many favorite memories to just mention one. I do love going to graduation each year and watching/participating in that. It’s a real high for me to see these young adults put closure on a part of their journey and get ready for the next leg of said journey. I also loved doing “Food For Thought Fridays.” That was a blast as well!”

What made you want to teach?

• “I love learning. I am a curious person who asks why constantly. I also enjoy working with young people. Most of them are also curious and want to learn new things. Since I tend to look at things differently, I am able to challenge others to do so as well. Then, when that occurs, learning takes place. I try to make it interesting and challenge all to think/process. It’s a different approach but it works for me. Also, my talents/skill sets are in the teaching area. I have been an educator for my whole life. Recognizing that helped me to understand what I needed to in life – teach!”

What advice would you give to students entering high school, or finishing high school?

• “Figure out who you are or what you are about. Try new things! Try new foods! Meet new people! Travel! And once you figure out who you are – be proud of that! Be YOU! The world needs YOU!”

What’s the biggest impact you feel you left on the school?

• “The iLearn 1 To 1 Laptop program. I was hired to help create this program. I believe we have created a wonderful, creative and magnificent program. Students and teachers have benefitted from it the last 10 years and will continue to do so long after I retire. It has been an interesting and fun journey. Lots of thinking, time, effort, blood, sweat and tears. I have also impacted (and been impacted by) 10 glorious years of students. That is important to me as well.”

PattonvilleTODAY • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$125
$600