Students rehearse for Beauty and the Beast

Auditions are over, and rehearsals have begun.

The Beauty and the Beast musical finished auditions back in early November and the cast has already began rehearsing for its February performances.

All the actors in the musical are working on the lines, songs, and dances, but only some actors in specific roles stay right after school every day to practice certain scenes. The actors already know most of the dance moves to the songs and where to move on stage.

After students come back from winter break, the lines are due and the actors are not allowed to read from their scripts. In January, everyone participating in the musical will then join and rehearse the whole show together for the premiere in February. 

One of the stage managers of the musical, Karen Rendon, said she is excited for the musical and can’t wait for it be premiered. 

“Yes, I am excited for it, because it’s Beauty and the Beast so I think it’s going to get the attention of the students more than other shows have,” Rendon said.

Not only does she enjoy how the musical is turning out, she enjoys being stage manager.

“I like being the stage manager because I get to see it from the beginning,” she said. ”I see how the show develops, and prepares for the final and real performances.”

So far the students in the musical are enjoying participating in the show, and are excited for it as well.

“I think the actors are excited and really focused on learning lines and songs,” she said. “but they seem pretty excited to me.”